Workout pants? Ladies

2»

Replies

• What about recommendations for leggings you can buy online (or in-store in Canada), for over size 10? I'm guessing I'm a 14 at the moment, but not sure. I'm reading recommendations above for compression and drawstring styles, so a bonus if recommendations have these too! If you have any you'd recommend it would be amazing if you'd post a link.

I got most of my training gear at Winners. Not too expensive! Got some great deals on Columbia and Reebok stuff.

Costco also has some great deals and I have a pair of yoga pants (3/4) from there with a drawstring.

Started at size 13, so some of my stuff is too loose now. Need to go back soon!

• I have a pair of Nike crops and a pair of under armor compression crops. I like both. The UA ones I've had for a couple years, and the are getting fairly sheer across the bum. :neutral: The Nike ones are much heavier fabric, which I feel pretty good about. The roll in the spot where my stomach creases if I'm bending over lots, but I don't feel like they're falling down at all.
  • O'Neill makes some pretty awesome workout pants.

us.oneill.com/shop/womens/clothing/365-activewear/
  • Nike's legend tight fit and Lucy pants fit me really well! No gaps from my large butt to the waist.
  • jemhh wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    lulucitron wrote: »
    I have all types. Lulu, under armour, 90 degree, I adore teeki too. They're made from recycled water bottles and the prints are bright and super cute

I find the 90 degree brand is the worst at staying up. They run pretty big too.

I'm wondering if this is a body shape issue. I am not curvy and have found that 90 degree pants work really well for me.

That's a big thing, OP. Are you curvy or straight up and down or what? That will make the big difference.

Possibly. I don't know. I was wearing mediums when I was a good 140-145. Now at 130 they are way too loose in the waist, but I doubt I could wear a size small.
  • Old Navy compression, they are great and reasonably priced!
  • Danskin yoga pants/capris and tanks from Walmart.
  • Guy came into the store yesterday wearing Yoga pants.... There were things I saw during the war that have scarred me less...
  • guys in those biking pants!! Nice!! :)
  • I like Target's Champion gear. I've never had a problem with any movement from it, and I've used the same pair for a long time.
  • Judge all you like, I use some old loose PJ bottoms with a tie around the waist so the don't fall down and they 'flow' and don't stick to me whilst I work out.
  • I have some Old Navy compression pants that I just love.
  • Judge all you like, I use some old loose PJ bottoms with a tie around the waist so the don't fall down and they 'flow' and don't stick to me whilst I work out.

Whatever works!!!! But I wouldn't wear them to a gym!!
  • It probably depends a lot on body type (so for reference I am wide in the hips with a little love handle action goin' on). All of the workout pants I have tend to be tights and higher waisted:
    Under Armor has a lot of happy customers, but my capris will NOT stay up. They slide down so that the crotch gaps - uncomfortable and not attractive. Opacity is good, though.
    I have a pair of Reebok capris that do the trick staying up, but I must be very careful what kind of panties I wear, if you catch my drift.
    My favorite, and the priciest, are from Victoria's Secret's workout line VSX. They are a full length compression legging and I just love everything about them: look fab - which makes me feel more confident, stay up, no show through, and actually do help with muscle soreness afterwards (I thought that whole compression thing was a gimmick until I tried it!). The good news is that VS runs sales seasonally.
    I'm saving up for a pair of LuluLemons because I've heard such good things, but haven't tried myself so can't vouch on personal experience.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I have a ton of knee length drawstring wicking fabric ones from Walmart - danskin maybe? They are fitted but not compression. I love them! Comfy, super stretchy, stay up with the drawstring, don't chafe, and are super cheap.
  • I am currently loving Talbots Yoga pants. I'm short and they come in Petite sizes so they're the right length.
  • I'm an inverted triangle (small hips) and I only get on with Sweaty Betty and Under Armour pants. Anything else just comes down - even despite having built up some butt at last. Under Armour are reasonably cheap (in UK) and they do a good selection in my size. Sweaty Betty feels much nicer somehow on the skin but they are much more expensive (literally 2/3 times the price) and they don't do their full range in the smallest size so my options are always limited. I tend to opt for Under Armour gear at home for lifting, so it doesn't matter so much if I end up shredding the legs with the barbell whilst deadlifting etc and save the SB stuff for going to yoga class etc.