Workout pants? Ladies

My current stretchy sports leggings keep fall down when I start jumping or running during a workout. They fit perfect when worn just regularly so don't think its a sizing issue. They are driving me mad!!! I'm joining a gym in a few weeks and don't want to have to keep stopping during workouts to hike my pants up again lol. I'm thinking possible yoga style pants with drawstring or even sport shorts might work? Anyone suffer with this issue and found some nice pants that stay up?? Would love any recommendations.

Replies

• If you have a Costco near you they can have great workout stuff! I'm sorry I forget the name brand of the workout leggings but they have a drawstring to adjust (sounds like that would work for you) and the price is right. I also like my Old Navy compression leggings (stay up and keep things from jiggling).
  • I use Champion. Affordable and good quality.
  • Athleta! Their kickbooty pants are so damn flattering, and they stay exactly where they should when I run, lift and in yoga. I also have some lulu lemons, and they are definitely cuter, but they don't stay in place as well as the athleta pants.
  • I love r.e.i fleet capris for everything. Stay where they are supposed to (nice wide waistband and drawstring), never have a visibility problem, last for years and look good. Totally worth the cost.
  • I wear TekGear from Kohl's. No see through problems. I get them from their Shapewear line, which has a slightly higher waistline. I've never had a problem with them falling down.
  • I never have a problem with any of my Nike or Old Navy compression.
  • I have all types. Lulu, under armour, 90 degree, I adore teeki too. They're made from recycled water bottles and the prints are bright and super cute
  • I love Old navy Compression Yoga pants no issues of falling and very durable and great price
  • *munches popcorn* Where's the photos?
  • What about recommendations for leggings you can buy online (or in-store in Canada), for over size 10? I'm guessing I'm a 14 at the moment, but not sure. I'm reading recommendations above for compression and drawstring styles, so a bonus if recommendations have these too! If you have any you'd recommend it would be amazing if you'd post a link.
  • Danskin. I have shorts, leggings, and bras. I can go to Walmart or Target and try stuff on and it doesn't cost more than $20. I love that the leggings I have actually go up to my waist. Much more flattering than squishing me into a muffin top shape.
  • lulucitron wrote: »
    I have all types. Lulu, under armour, 90 degree, I adore teeki too. They're made from recycled water bottles and the prints are bright and super cute

I find the 90 degree brand is the worst at staying up. They run pretty big too.
  • I ended up buying different pants for different things. My best pants are cheapies while my most annoying ones are LuLuLemon. You just have to shop around alot until you find the right ones for your body unfortunately.
  • old navy, joe fresh
  • mine were like $8 from kmart and i wish i had bought four more pairs because they are fantastic. i find as long as they hit a few inches about the belly button i'm good, low rise is a no go for me
  • Nike leggings/tights never fail me
  • All mine are lululemon, and they all stay up except for the wunder under crop, which are made for yoga, so I never wear those to run.

They are expensive but they have lasted for years with no issues.

I also got one outfit from fabletics, and the pants stay up but they run small and don't stretch as much as the lululemons. Not bad for $20 though!
  • arditarose wrote: »
    lulucitron wrote: »
    I have all types. Lulu, under armour, 90 degree, I adore teeki too. They're made from recycled water bottles and the prints are bright and super cute

I find the 90 degree brand is the worst at staying up. They run pretty big too.

I'm wondering if this is a body shape issue. I am not curvy and have found that 90 degree pants work really well for me.

That's a big thing, OP. Are you curvy or straight up and down or what? That will make the big difference.
  • Underarmour leggings are the only ones I've found that don't roll down after 30 seconds of movement. I am also a big fan of tight shorts. They usually have a longer inseam and higher waistband, you just have to test them out to make sure they aren't too thin. I've had good luck with Nike's Pro shorts (5" inseam) and Saucony's Ignite tight short (5" inseam, but I think they've stopped making them :( ).
  • I love Danskin & 90 Degree, they work for me & they're not too expensive. I just bought a new pair of neoprine capri workout pants by Hot Shapers. I sweat my butt off when I wear them. As a side note, if your inner thighs touch ... you will definitely hear a swish swish when you walk, lol. I work out at home so it doesn't bother me. :D