tuna

2»

Replies

• Hot sauce.
  • Have you tried the lighter than light mayos? I can't personally taste the difference and they are low calorie.
  • hot sauce or mustard.
  • I usually go with lemon juice, salt and pepper and then smushing up a quarter of an avocado with it. It's 80 cals, creamy and full of good fats. I found that avo and lemon juice is actually a great mayo substitute on lots of thing - sandwiches, burgers etc. Lower cals and nutrient dense :)

Gonna have to disagree with you on the lower calories because avocado is nothing but fat, fiber and water, but using an avocado spread is definitely more nutrient dense than mayo.

My tuna is going to taste so good with these ideas
  • I like to use low fat sour cream and sriracha. It's about 25 cals per 2 tablespoons. B)
  • jorinya wrote: »
    Sea salt, lemon juice, black pepper and sweet corn, add a dash of olive oil and parsley. I'm on a low carb diet so discovered this by accident. Its nice with green leaves and boiled egg too. Let me know if you like it.

Yummm...this sounds good!!

• I am so thankful I hate mayo! But for my husband I mix Greek yogurt with Hidden Valley dry mix and non fat milk. I use that.

When I made him chicken salad I use avocado and lime juice.
  • Definitely greek yogurt! The other day I mixed a single-serving size of greek yogurt with 2 cans of drained tuna and added 2-3 pieces of crumbled, cooked bacon and a few tbsp of relish (weird, I know, but I always eat relish with tuna!) and it was SO GOOD!
  • A little bit low fat mayo and a heaping of dijon mustard...yum.
    Sometimes I mix a can of tuna with onion/celery/cucumber/5 bean mix and a little olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar, and some fresh parsley. It's awesome.
  • I mix in plain greek yogurt and either sweet or dill relish and whatever mix-ins I have handy. Yesterday it was asian sesame salad topping and a few chili lime good beans (roasted chick peas,sooo good in anything). I usually eat it in a pita or a sandwich thin.
  • I love it with Trader Ming's Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette. It has 35 calories for two tablespoons. It is amazing! I also mix in cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
  • I love it with chopped pickled jalapenos (same as my sardines), but I've used Lawry's lemon pepper marinade mixed in tuna since I was a kid around 10 or 11 years old - I didn't like mayo. It's so good!
    41YpVGjvW%2BL._SY300_.jpg
  • :p so many choices *drool*
  • Any salad dressing would work, too. I like it with a sweet onion vinaigrette or a poppyseed dressing, all of which you can get low cal.