I'm losing my boobs. :(

2»

Replies

• I can't wait to lose my moobs.
  • Think of it like this: "your" boobs weren't really yours at all. They were artificially inflated by the extra fat you've been carrying around. As you're losing the fat, your real boobs are making their appearance. Yes, they may be smaller but so will be the rest of you and you should find that they're perfect for the you that you have become.
  • I can't wait to lose my moobs.

IKR? Me too. Actually the one thing that will have me decided on how low body fat % I want to be.

• Lost mine a long time ago. Of course I had to gain 50 pounds to get any in the first place.......now I'm back to where I was, and worse.
  • It's pretty normal...mine did as well, and sadly, one more than the other. Oh well...not much I can do about it, but it's just another sign that I've lost weight. Onward!
  • jenjay8045 wrote: »
    I really wish I could lose weight in my boobs >_< I'm large chested, and it gets to be such a drag.
    The most I have lost is band size, not cup size.

Yeah I went down like 5 band sizes and up a cup size wth???

It's maybe too obvious to say, but if you go down a band size, you go down a cup size too. For instance if you went from a 42E to a 40E, you'd have a smaller band AND a smaller cup. So if you went down five band sizes and up a cup size (say, from a 42E to a 34F), you'd actually be wearing a cup that is four sizes smaller.

• Vailara wrote: »
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    I really wish I could lose weight in my boobs >_< I'm large chested, and it gets to be such a drag.
    The most I have lost is band size, not cup size.

Yeah I went down like 5 band sizes and up a cup size wth???

It's maybe too obvious to say, but if you go down a band size, you go down a cup size too. For instance if you went from a 42E to a 40E, you'd have a smaller band AND a smaller cup. So if you went down five band sizes and up a cup size (say, from a 42E to a 34F), you'd actually be wearing a cup that is four sizes smaller.
    I don't think it's obvious to many because women complain about the wrong part of it all.

The cup size is the difference in the measurement around your ribcage (the band) and around the fullest part of your breasts. As you lose weight, they should both go down together which leaves you with approximately the same sized cup as you started with. Ideally, the difference between the two should stay about the same. At some point, the cup size might start to go up or down, too, because the band size is constrained by the circumference of your ribcage.

Really, you want your band size to go down. What most of us don't want to see shrinking is the cup size because that's the difference that defines "large" or "small".
  • Me, too. Mine are two little poached eggs floating in hollow bra cups.

BUT - I prefer being slim with poached eggs than plump with a full bra!!

Remember that we are so much more than a nice rack, and let's be thankful that our breasts are healthy, albeit shrinking!! :)
  • I have the same problem, but when I was very thin in my teens and early 20s they were real small too. It is discouraging but I would rather not be fat, I can't wait for the fat below the under arm to go. That's what I hate. Why can't that fat go as fast as the boobs.
  • SueInAz wrote: »
    Think of it like this: "your" boobs weren't really yours at all. They were artificially inflated by the extra fat you've been carrying around. As you're losing the fat, your real boobs are making their appearance. Yes, they may be smaller but so will be the rest of you and you should find that they're perfect for the you that you have become.

I love that! And yes! They are getting more proportional as I shape the rest of my body through weight training!
  • Good news is they make all types of cute tight sports bras, swim suit tops and padded bras that are easier to find in many stores when your band width is under 40. Plus the undershirts with fitted bra tops tend to work better when not well endowed. I used to have trouble with the plus sized swim tops and I was just a C/D. Maybe later when I'm confident enough to get a swim suit or work out in tighter shirts, I'll have easier time finding sports bras and such cause they are a little smaller. :wink:
  • Your natural breast size begins to show after youre at a "good" weight for your body type, height etc due to fat loss. If anything youre getting your real boobs back haha
  • I wear a 36C now rather than a 38D. You can now get cute bras without spending an arm and a leg. Once you hit 38 and/or D, they all start to look grannyish and cost a fortune. Now you can have cute lingerie once again!
  • gothchiq wrote: »
    I wear a 36C now rather than a 38D. You can now get cute bras without spending an arm and a leg. Once you hit 38 and/or D, they all start to look grannyish and cost a fortune. Now you can have cute lingerie once again!

Not really true. Yes, you're going to spend about £25-30 per bra, but that's not exactly a fortune, plus they're not grannyish in large part. Try somewhere like Bravissimo or Ewa Michalak - http://www.bravissimo.com/ or http://www.ewa-michalak.pl/, or take a look at Fuller Figure Fuller Bust's Facebook page for inspiration.
  • Thanks guys. I was touched and tickled by your words. And I won't lie, if I get to the point where I don't need a bra... I won't miss it! :)
  • Also, it's a shame you can't do 'likes' on this thing.
  • rdlewis123 wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Think of it like this: "your" boobs weren't really yours at all. They were artificially inflated by the extra fat you've been carrying around. As you're losing the fat, your real boobs are making their appearance. Yes, they may be smaller but so will be the rest of you and you should find that they're perfect for the you that you have become.

I love that! And yes! They are getting more proportional as I shape the rest of my body through weight training!

THIS! I've dropped a cup size and finally feel proportional. Before I felt like a giant pair of boobs - and got the attention that went with it.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    SueInAz wrote: »

That's a nice way to look at it, but it's not entirely true for everyone. My best friend was well-endowed when she was much skinnier, but after some significant weight gain she's started losing weight and while she still has over 40 pounds to go her boobs are already smaller than they were when she weighed 50 pounds less. It all depends on where your body decides it's going to lose weight.

• um, i haven't seen any trace of my boobs since 2013 but i'm ok with that because i'm strong everywhere else! i'd prefer having a healthy body than a nice rack. ok, that's a lie but in order for me to have my health, i can't have boobs so i feel you!!!
  • Ha! I'm flat as a board but nothing I can do about it