way under calories yesterday

I was way under my calories yesterday due to not feeling well. I am supposed to eat 1470 and I only had 467. Is it ok for me to go a bit over. I was starving when I woke up so I made a super boosted smoothie that came in at 673 calories. It had bananas, strawberries, greek yogurt, oatmeal, chia seeds, and almond milk. If I'm closer to 2000 today will it hurt my weight loss?

Replies

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    weight loss is a constant calorie deficit. if eating 2000 calories today + yesterday calories= being below the calorie limit in two days you will still use storage for energy.
  • Nope, you'll be fine.

Weight loss isn't about being at or under a specific number every day. It's about average intake over time. Plenty of people just make sure their weekly average is on target. It allows you to work in some higher calorie days.
  • I was way under my calories yesterday due to not feeling well. I am supposed to eat 1470 and I only had 467. Is it ok for me to go a bit over. I was starving when I woke up so I made a super boosted smoothie that came in at 673 calories. It had bananas, strawberries, greek yogurt, oatmeal, chia seeds, and almond milk. If I'm closer to 2000 today will it hurt my weight loss?

Eating more today is absolutely fine. Our bodies are not set up on strict 24 hour clocks. You want to hit a caloric deficit on average but a day off here and there is no biggie.
  • Thanks guys, that's what I thought.
  • jemhh wrote: »
    I was way under my calories yesterday due to not feeling well. I am supposed to eat 1470 and I only had 467. Is it ok for me to go a bit over. I was starving when I woke up so I made a super boosted smoothie that came in at 673 calories. It had bananas, strawberries, greek yogurt, oatmeal, chia seeds, and almond milk. If I'm closer to 2000 today will it hurt my weight loss?

Eating more today is absolutely fine. Our bodies are not set up on strict 24 hour clocks. You want to hit a caloric deficit on average but a day off here and there is no biggie.

Precisely. What @jemhh said took me a long time to wrap my head around.

GL! :smile: