Fabletics fitness wear - a warning

2»

Replies

• I am sorry you had a hard time dealing with them. I joined the VIP membership thing and order occasionally, but skip a lot of months. I agree that the bras are useless if you actually have boobs, I don't buy any of those, but I do love some of the shirts and leggings I have gotten from them. I have only had to return one item and I did it all on line and the e-mailed me a mailing label to return it for free. I have never actually spoken to the customer service people.
  • Alidecker wrote: »
    I am sorry you had a hard time dealing with them. I joined the VIP membership thing and order occasionally, but skip a lot of months. I agree that the bras are useless if you actually have boobs, I don't buy any of those, but I do love some of the shirts and leggings I have gotten from them. I have only had to return one item and I did it all on line and the e-mailed me a mailing label to return it for free. I have never actually spoken to the customer service people.

well unfortunately they haven't activated an online email response for the UK, you get a pop-up warning saying to call the premium rate phoneline

• rabbitjb wrote: »
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I am sorry you had a hard time dealing with them. I joined the VIP membership thing and order occasionally, but skip a lot of months. I agree that the bras are useless if you actually have boobs, I don't buy any of those, but I do love some of the shirts and leggings I have gotten from them. I have only had to return one item and I did it all on line and the e-mailed me a mailing label to return it for free. I have never actually spoken to the customer service people.

well unfortunately they haven't activated an online email response for the UK, you get a pop-up warning saying to call the premium rate phoneline

They should have that all worked out before offering the service.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    rabbitjb wrote: »

They should have that all worked out before offering the service.

Yes I agree but IMHO it was a purposeful business decision .. because the premium rate phoneline is manned by American staff so my assumption is that customers are paying to call through to the US callcentre .. it's possibly also a profit centre for them. They certainly don't include the call rate anywhere obvious on their website

They are banking on customer inertia in terms of cancelling membership, which can only be done through the phoneline or by writing a letter (yes not by email again) .. and supposedly you would get an email confirmation immediately after cancellation, which they didn't mention until they said I had not cancelled. They basically tried to say that as I didn't have an email confirmation I hadn't cancelled and the £44 was theirs and must be spent on product.

They offered to send me the voice recording when they said I hadn't requested the cancellation first time and when I said oh yes please will that be by email, suddenly their policy was not to share recordings

it was interesting how they tried to pleasantly refuse my consumer rights .. it would have worked with someone less .. stubborn
  • I think any company which has this kind of monthly subscription is the same. They all rely on people not using but not cancelling their membership.