does the calories I burn at work count?

I bought myself a pedometer yesterday and wore it today at work. My job, I'm on my feet walking fast from one area to the next. So my meter told me I have burned 967.7 calories and did about 5.879 miles. Does those numbers count even thought I stop here and there?

Replies

• Your activity level setting should be set high enough to account for all of your daily activity (this includes work) before exercise. From what you said you should either be set to lightly active or active on MFP.
  • I didn't go into detail about my job, I work in retail in the backroom, where I'm up and down ladders and lifting up to about 60 LB items and pulling and pushing pallets of liquid and it heavy furniture.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I bought myself a pedometer yesterday and wore it today at work. My job, I'm on my feet walking fast from one area to the next. So my meter told me I have burned 967.7 calories and did about 5.879 miles. Does those numbers count even thought I stop here and there?

I'm a Nurse in a large Emergency Room and am on my feet for most of my shift. I easily walk between 5 and 8 miles before my shift ends. I also do other workouts after work like weightlifting, HIIT workouts, and steady state cardio such as walking and jogging long distance. When I was tracking here on MFP I kept my tracker set to maintain and active which was spot on with the amount of calories that I needed each day. .....From reading your job description above it sounds like you also have a very active job. Therefore I would set your tracker to Active and see how you do with the amount of calories that it gives you to eat. You can always reset it to lightly active if the calories are too many.