Ideas for sweet things? Especially GF

When I first came across MFP 2 years ago I remember there was a thread with loads of awesome sweet recipes but I can't find it or similar so help please!

I am good at savoury recipes (meals and snacks) but I've never been particularly good at making sweet things. As a result I end up eating some chocolate but I don't always actually want chocolate so it just ends up making me feel a bit sick :/ Not good. But I do want something sweet.

I can make things like banana bread and cookies but I can't eat gluten and I don't know how to bake GF (yet!). I made some peanut butter and banana oat cookies which were GF but for my husband, because I can't stand peanuts! I found the recipe and wanted to try it but I have no idea if I can just stick something else in there instead of peanut butter.

I have a recipe for GF brownies. I am guessing some sort of flapjack could work? (never made flapjacks before) I would also really like to find things that are relatively simple to make and could be stored or frozen so I can make a batch.

Btw, fruit is not enough :D Although I've heard frozen bananas are good... :#

Replies

• Dunno where you're based, but we buy nak'd bars.

Ingredients:

Dates, cashews, raisins and cocoa.

Good for a treat every now and again.
  • There are substitutes for flour that are gluten free. My husband bought by accident a large bag of gluten free flour a while ago (it was on sale and special promo packaging, so he did not notice it was gluten free, just thought it was new brand) and I used it for cakes and cookies. I did not notice a difference.
  • If you have Instagram I would recommend looking up "jazzy things" and "chocolate covered Katie". Katie also has a website. Neither aim for gluten free. But jasmine is a "clean eating" bodybuilder and has tons of recipes using alternative flours (almond, rice, coconut, etc). Take a look and you'll get an idea of ingredients to use with these flours, and portions of wet and dry ingredients.

Katie is my favorite. She is vegan, but all her recipes can be made with regular or vegan alternatives. She has a "deep dish cookie pie" that is to die for and is gluten free. She uses a lot of beans and alternative flours as well, and often gives alternatives for all types of diets, including gluten free. Baked goods with beans tend to be disgusting. Not so with Katie's recipes. Good luck
  • Thank you ! :)
  • I tried Nakd but wasn't so keen, I know plenty of people who like them but one of the flavours coming through was too strong for me.