No Sugar Added - Low Cal - High Fiber - Morning Cereal?

What would you guys suggest?

Replies

• oatmeal.
  • Oats.
  • Thanx but how about actual cereal??? Such as cheerios etc?
  • Bran flakes?
  • Fibre One
  • Yeah, the Fiber One cereals are really good. I recommend the chocolate (80 calories!) and the honey clusters.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    fiber one original is 60 calories for a good sized serving, high fiber as well. It tastes sweet. Bran flakes (the ones I have on hand) are 90 cals per serve, with 5g of fiber.
  • ^^^ there is a reason that one tastes sweet.
    To make it more challenging, how about one without any "added garbage".
    So far the plain winner is your good old fashion oats which I have pretty much every morning. I was just trying to mix things up a bit. But I guess I will have to be doing that with fruits haha :)
  • Shredded Wheat. Most brands are just the one ingredient.
  • this is my favorite cold cereal. I add some protein powder to it and I call it breakfast.

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/component/mtree/products/breakfast_bars/high_fiber_fruit_and_nut_multigrain_medley/
  • Yeah, the Fiber One cereals are really good. I recommend the chocolate (80 calories!) and the honey clusters.

Honey = added sugar.
  • Another vote for Shredded Wheat (spoon-sized "Wheat & Bran) - no sugar, no salt - just wheat. Top with berries or banana - yumm.
  • Skip the cereal and eat pastured eggs with bacon instead.
  • Also, not sure about all varieties, but FibreOne contains artificial sweeteners... yumm aspartame for breakfast (blech).
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Fibra Plus maybe.
  • I like Heritage Flakes. However, I usually go the oatmeal route now, oatmeal plus Chia and Flaxmeel = good fiber.
  • Oatmeal or weetabix
  • DaboGirlNB wrote: »
    Also, not sure about all varieties, but FibreOne contains artificial sweeteners... yumm aspartame for breakfast (blech).

The regular FiberOne cereal is now made without aspartame (although there is 0 evidence to suggest that there's anything actually wrong with aspartame).

• Kashi cereal, they are pricy, but great ingredients
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, the Fiber One cereals are really good. I recommend the chocolate (80 calories!) and the honey clusters.

ORIGINAL Fiber One yes (fake sugar?).... the flavored ones have inulin/chicory root extract. These have awful after effects (if you know what I mean).

Kashi GoLean (again original)....this has great protein and fiber numbers. Some of the flavored Kashi's have chicory root.

If you want to avoid the fake sugar, chicory, etc......add some raspberries or flax or chia seeds.

I like to sprinkle a bit of All Bran Buds on Greek yogurt.