help I hate almost all food!! except the bad stuff

:'( so sad I can't eat salad everyday of my life but I just dnt like food except bread and pasta really.....and I've actually really started to hate pasta as well so sick of food!! I really need some awesome recipes to kick this weight lose!!

Replies

• eat at a calorie deficit- the type of food only matters in terms of keeping you full (or not) and matters if you have a hard time regulating consumption.

I'm pretty good with self discipline- don't over eat MANY foods willy nilly- but chips and salsa- I will ONLY eat when I go out- b/c at home I eat ALL of them. Same with jelly beans- I eat the whole bag- so I only eat them around easter.
    Otherwise- I just eat regular foods- and eat less of them.

Don't make yourself crazy trying to eat salad every day- that's ridiculous. For what it's worth- I don't really eat salads. I eat chicken- and eggs pretty much. and greek yogurt. and chocolate. and ice cream.

And that's covers 3/4 of my diet on a regular weekly basis.
  • You definitely have to eat what you like, or you can't stick with it. Maybe each week try a healthy food that you've never tried before to see if you like it. For instance, I tried avocados on toast not too long ago and I love them. So this is a new food for me. I've tried kale and spinach...don't like it so much so this isn't part of my regular diet. You might discover that you do like certain things. :)
  • who says you have to eat salad every day?

Just eat what you normally would only less ( in your calorie allowance)
    And when you want to incorporate more greens do it step by step. But you dont have too.

Weight loss is about eating less than you burn thats it.

And what is bad about pasta? its delicious yummie scrummie.
    Here one of my postings yesterday
    And i eat the "bad" pasta and still losing weight

(copy) of my news feed

Delicious meal with pasta and shrimp for 428 calories ( makes 2 servings) so 1 serving is about 214 calories
    Bb Usda - Podded Peas (Snow, Sugar Snap), 11300, 39 g
    Shrimp - Raw, 148 g(s)
    Zuchini - Usda Data Raw Fresh, 147 gram
    Tomatoes - Roma, 121 g(s)
    Dreamfields - Spaghetti--corrected, 2 oz cooked
    Mushrooms - Raw, 80 g(s)
    Cook the pasta
    Cut the veggies and do the with the shrimp in the pan Stir fry them with some lemon juice/pepper/lots of garlic/and thyme.
    At the last moment stir the cooked spaghetti in it. And stir that for a bit less than a minute. DONE!
    and you have a wonderful yummie dish.
  • Step 1: stop looking at food in terms of good and bad. It is just food.
    Step 2: figure out an appropriate calorie deficit and a total calorie allowance based on your goals
    Step 3: figure out how to fill that calorie allowance with foods you enjoy and that keep you satisfied
    Step 4: every week try adding new foods to expand your choices - some weeks more vegetables, some weeks more proteins, eat something different for breakfast, etc.
    Step 5: don't get frustrated if you exceed your calories, just get back on plan as soon as possible
    Step 6: report back when you've hit your goals
  • Love your steps, @Kruggeri and I agree.
    @christaperry3 , I offer you a challenge to try one new food a week. Buy it first then go on Pinterest and find a companion recipe. I suspect you are wrapping up all sorts of messages with your food, "good", "bad", and have forgotten to taste, touch, smell, and enjoy what you are eating.

What spices and flavourings do you like?
  • I didn't think a person could hate food but my best friend does. She loves candy and junk food but other things she doesn't like.
  • You definitely have to eat what you like, or you can't stick with it. Maybe each week try a healthy food that you've never tried before to see if you like it. For instance, I tried avocados on toast not too long ago and I love them. So this is a new food for me. I've tried kale and spinach...don't like it so much so this isn't part of my regular diet. You might discover that you do like certain things. :)

I love avocado and tomato with humus on toast drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar.
  • :'( so sad I can't eat salad everyday of my life but I just dnt like food except bread and pasta really.....and I've actually really started to hate pasta as well so sick of food!! I really need some awesome recipes to kick this weight lose!!

Have you tried searching Pinterest? Finding good recipes is basically all I use it for. It's really helped me feed my picky boyfriend too.

I would recommend looking up recipes for sweet potatoes. Simple baked rounds caramelize on their own and can be cooked at the same time as a protein source in the oven.
    Otherwise, Crushed Cheesy Potatoes get devoured in my house. Potatoes are a good fiber and complex carb source.

MFP's Gnocchi with Kale and Sausage recipe from the blog is good. I make it with ground turkey. Sometimes I use spinach. Otherwise chop the kale leaves and really let them wilt down by covering the pan for a while. I also double the fennel and garlic, don't skimp on the tomato paste, and half the oil.
    There are other really tasty recipes on the blog. I like getting their emails.

Smoked Paprika Red Potatoes and Egg Bake is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I tend to use 3-4 eggs.
  • Pasta is good, bread is good. weigh it out and eat it every day if you want (I do)
  • OP - so you don't like steak, pork chops, chicken, yogurt, eggs, bacon, etc??????
  • Kruggeri wrote: »
    Step 1: stop looking at food in terms of good and bad. It is just food.
    Step 2: figure out an appropriate calorie deficit and a total calorie allowance based on your goals
    Step 3: figure out how to fill that calorie allowance with foods you enjoy and that keep you satisfied
    Step 4: every week try adding new foods to expand your choices - some weeks more vegetables, some weeks more proteins, eat something different for breakfast, etc.
    Step 5: don't get frustrated if you exceed your calories, just get back on plan as soon as possible

this

and get a food scale and weigh out all solids...
  • Kruggeri wrote: »
    Step 1: stop looking at food in terms of good and bad. It is just food.

+2
  • Salad can be kind of gross, I agree.
    Look through the foods that you have been eating, find lower calories versions of those. You will be successful. :)
  • What do you like to eat if you go to a restaurant? That might be a good place to start, replicate things you've had elsewhere and liked.
  • Make yourself try new things. I'd be willing to bet there are LOTS of foods besides bread and pasta (not that those are bad) that you've never tried.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    The only bad food is food I do not like the taste of.

You're not going to lose weight eating salads all the time. Initially, sure, but you're going to go crazy, end up saying eff it all, then gain it all back.

It doesn't matter WHAT you eat, or WHEN you eat, so long as you are in a calorie deficit.

You don't hate food. You're bored, and with good reason.

Learn to be adventerous and try new things.

edited for typos.