Progressive Overload, the best?

It has been a month since I took into heart this way of training and man the results I see in the mirror and in the bar are greater than the past 2 years combined. Thoughts?

Replies

• I really think I'm in love with this :) . been running a stronglift like program but I do upper-lower-rest then repeat. My goal is just to look good since I was a skinny 110 lber before. But as I found out, the only way for me to getting mass is by progressing on the load and not on a typical bb pump style training. But my mind's not close though, how can those very high volume light weight training make some people huge?
  • <-- I got your progressive overload right here.
  • dtrmcblo wrote: »
    I really think I'm in love with this :) . been running a stronglift like program but I do upper-lower-rest then repeat. My goal is just to look good since I was a skinny 110 lber before. But as I found out, the only way for me to getting mass is by progressing on the load and not on a typical bb pump style training. But my mind's not close though, how can those very high volume light weight training make some people huge?

It doesn’t. They start with a good base from years of training. What you’re seeing with those isolation movements is the fine tuning they do to bring out the minute weak areas. Focus on heavy, good form, low to moderate reps. Build that base.
  • dtrmcblo wrote: »
    I really think I'm in love with this :) . been running a stronglift like program but I do upper-lower-rest then repeat. My goal is just to look good since I was a skinny 110 lber before. But as I found out, the only way for me to getting mass is by progressing on the load and not on a typical bb pump style training. But my mind's not close though, how can those very high volume light weight training make some people huge?

It may be a coincidence, but those "very high volume light weight training" folks tend to be very far along in their lifting careers and tend to be taking a very high volume of drugs too. And what's "light" for them still tends to be fairly heavy. They might be only squatting 225 or 315 but they'll do it for 20, 30 reps with little rest. (just as a random example).

No natural lifter that I've ever seen has gotten good results from doing lots of light volume. If that were the case, Jillian Michaels videos would be the epitome of bodybuilding.
  • Ahh very knowledgable insights from all of you. Thanks. Looks like this progression overload is the only way to go for now as long as the results keep coming. :)