Need help to shred

I'm a female, 5ft 4.6", 8 stone 6 pounds in weight but I want to shred and get a six pack. I've had a child 3 years ago and my tummy isn't flat, u know u probably still need to lose pounds in that area and that diet is 80% of it all. I'm trying low carb diet, is there anything else I should be doing food wise? I'm not sure what my calorie intake should be but I'm trying to stay around 1500

Replies

• There is no such have thing as diet whey. Whey is whey..... It's not magical! It will increase your protein intake if you don't eat enough in normal food. If you struggle to eat your calories, make a smoothie with your whey, fruit, some greens if you like, avocado or nut butter. It would be easier for you to drink than eat by the sounds of it!

Getting a "ripped" torso is all about calorie deficit... So eating less will make you lose fat. Eating that little isn't fun or great for your health or for maintaining lean muscle...

Ur so perfectly right. I'd find it much easier to drink. I have a smoothie maker so that's fab! All I need now is the ingredients. I seem to be fine on 1500 calories and if I'm below one day I tend to make up for it the next
  • sfelenczak wrote: »
    Make sure to eat above your calorie maintenance every 7-10 days to keep your metabolic rate from dropping and to reset leptin levels

um, no...
  • MrM27 wrote: »
    nikipb1 wrote: »
    It's not meal replacement. It's a protein shake u take after training

I never said it was a meal replacement. I'm saying Diet Whey is just a marketing ploy.

So much derp here bro...
  • dieselbyte wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »

I never said it was a meal replacement. I'm saying Diet Whey is just a marketing ploy.

So much derp here bro...

Yo look out man, there's a fat dude trying to photo bomb your selfie AVI.

Not srs

Semi srs

Completely Jealous
    MrM27 wrote: »

So much derp here bro...

What you guys on about here?!
    sfelenczak wrote: »
    Make sure to eat above your calorie maintenance every 7-10 days to keep your metabolic rate from dropping and to reset leptin levels

um, no...

Huh? Why would you disagree with this, especially when she is low carb and her bodyfat is already pretty low?
  • richln wrote: »
    dieselbyte wrote: »

um, no...
    Huh? Why would you disagree with this, especially when she is low carb and her bodyfat is already pretty low?

Did she say what her body fat % is? You can be underweight and have a relatively high body fat %.

OP, I would recommend that you eat at maintenance level, and get on a good progressive strength training program if you want to lower your body fat % in order to see your abs. 118 pounds is thin enough for your height. Don't worry about the number on the scale.

• richln wrote: »
    dieselbyte wrote: »

um, no...

As stated by @deksgrl - OP never stated her bf%. Never stated her training regimen. Leptin levels don't need to be "reset" every week, especially in the initial stages of a caloric deficit. Leptin levels will play a role at much lower bf% levels and much longer into a deficit. Metabolic rate will drop when weight is lost. Eating at maintenance won't "keep it from dropping". Move more to increase metabolism. TEFF plays a minimal role. @deksgrl is correct. A recomp and heavy lifting makes more sense. Without a training plan, OP's weight loss will result in more of a skinny fat look.
  • To save argument my body fat percentage is 23.3% body fat mass 12.5kg I'm 28 5ft 4.6. I swim twice a week and at the moment do strength training at home (fitness blender strength training). I'm looking to start body pump class, but remember everybody I've only been at this a week lol
  • nikipb1 wrote: »
    To save argument my body fat percentage is 23.3% body fat mass 12.5kg I'm 28 5ft 4.6. I swim twice a week and at the moment do strength training at home (fitness blender strength training). I'm looking to start body pump class, but remember everybody I've only been at this a week lol

Ahh... looks like I skimmed the thread too fast and filled in all the details myself. Yeah, you sound like a good candidate for a recomp. Don't let all that cardio distract you from heavy lifting.