Who wants to do Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred with me?

I started today and was a little bit shocked at how out of shape I am :D towards the end I was groaning and gasping like I was about to keel over and die... Having my husband as a very amused audience didn't help any. Anybody want to do the challenge with me?? I plan on taking before and after pictures, very curious to see if there will be a significant change. I have a wedding coming up and my goal is to fit in the dress that I have in my profile picture (18lbs ago). Feel free to add me as a friend, that way I'll feel less all by my lonesome :p

Replies

• Got L1 D3 done along with a total of 7.89 miles for 17,236 steps. Got my other challenges done, also.

My daughter was awarded her doctorate degree this afternoon! We get to call her Darling Dr. Daughter now!! So proud! She worked so hard for this day!!

Chris
  • Rest Day...actually DD and I are going to the gym for a session with our trainer. I think we'll probably cover everything JM would want us to cover!! I did walk 5 miles with my DH and grandpuppy, Bean, this morning.

Chris
  • Anyone starting this week? I need motivation!
  • I've just started this week lolslopez!! Gave birth ten weeks ago so I'm feeling the burn, big change from stuffing my face and wobbling round for last 9 months lol xxx
  • I tried to do it but there's too many jumping jacks for apartment living.
  • Emrldsun wrote: »
    lillove128 wrote: »
    Where do you find this?
    It is available on youtube for free. They've started a new 'fitness' channel so all three work outs are available on there if you just search Jillian Michaels 30 day shred week 1.

Also, im on day 3 of the challenge. It's rough. lol

Awesome I may have to try this. I'm still new so I'm worried it may be to much. Do u recommend it to beginners?
  • I'm new to this but want to get in shape for a 50th b-day vacation with my Sis at the end of June. Will look for the JM 30 day challenge video and start this afternoon.
  • Me too. I'm at Level 1 Day 4. Does anyone know the weights they use? 4 or 5 lbs?
  • Jan carthy I use dating 1kg weights with it :)
    xxx
  • I can definitely recommend this for beginners. Some of the exercises are tough but they never last so long you can't push yourself that extra little bit to complete the exercise. I use three lbs weights... Plenty for me :)
  • JanCathy wrote: »
    Me too. I'm at Level 1 Day 4. Does anyone know the weights they use? 4 or 5 lbs?

I think they use 3 lbs weights in the video. I like to have a few different sets of weight beside me when I do the workout. I use 3 lbs for some moves and then 5 for others.

Good luck everyone! The 30DS is a great workout!
  • L1D4 Done! I use different weights. It depending on the exercise and what I can curl or lift.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
  • How do you track it in MFP? It doesn't show it as an option, or do you just put in circuit training?
  • I haven't logged in in a few days but I did level 1 day 3 this morning. Man am I sore! But it's a good sore for sure :)

Chelsea I have been putting it under circuit training unless someone else knows otherwise ??