May 2015 MOVE Challenge

Unknown
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
YEP it is a move challenge. You can walk, run, jog, bike, fly if you dare lol....
It is SPRING....temps are getting better for most....a time of freshness and re-birth...A time to take care of WONDERFUL YOU.... (*)

We had such a great group in April. I am proud to be part of this group. Would love everyone to reach at least 100 miles in at least ONE particular exercise BUT it is not necessary. You can still combine them....THE GOAL IS TOO MOVE! The GOAL is to live a longer, healthier life.....The GOAL is too become the person you want too be...

join me?

Ok so up to this line in the post, I've copied and pasted, with a few corrections, from the challenge @jeanniewes posted for April. She is out of internet service area for a limited time and asked me to get the month of May started for her. Want to welcome all. I've been doing this challenge with @jeanniewes for several months now and we always have a great time encouraging one another and getting our move on. So strap those trail blazing shoes on and join us for May!

There isn't a 'group' per say. Just this thread that you can update daily or weekly or whenever suits you.

See you in May!!!

Replies

• I'm back!!!! Was away for 4 days, so didn't start exercising yet. Today, I will go for a nice long walk, and hopefully on Wednesday, I will get the full approval from doctor to be able to go back to full steam ahead on exercise. But for now, I will continue to do what I can. Be back later to log in my walk!!!!
  • I'm a few days late but I'm going to give it a try. My goal will be 100 miles combined walking/elliptical. I was sick all weekend but did 2.5 miles this morning.
  • Just had a lovely time hiking in the sunshine in the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds, add in 7 miles for today
  • I'm new to the group and looooove this idea. WOW!!! 100 miles in total for this month.
    I just started the couch to 5k program.... I'm hoping to complete at least 75 of the 100..... The 100 is a longshot but WOW!!!! That would be awesome if I complete it!!!

• My target for May will be 200 miles running and walking combined.

So far 3 miles running, 7 miles hiking and 18 miles cycling - total 28 miles.

Off to a good start!

• _QueenE_ wrote: »
    _QueenE_ wrote: »
    I'm in with 100 walking/jogging miles.
    I got in 5 miles on the first and 2 on the second.

7 miles down, 93 to go.

2 miles of walk/jog intervals today.
    91 miles left. :)

89 miles to go
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Thank you jesiann. Welcome more newbies! :)

TODAY was a good day. I walked the smaller dog (we got in 2.5 miles) as my eldest is getting some rest from being sick. THEN I push mowed the lawn and racked up another 2.56 miles....(will count 2.5)

As of MAY 4th .....16 walking miles.....
  • I love this idea! Count me in!
  • jeanniewes wrote: »
    Thank you jesiann. Welcome more newbies! :)

TODAY was a good day. I walked the smaller dog (we got in 2.5 miles) as my eldest is getting some rest from being sick. THEN I push mowed the lawn and racked up another 2.56 miles....(will count 2.5)

As of MAY 4th .....16 walking miles.....

Good job on the 16 miles in 4 days. :)

Sorry to hear about your dog. :(

• YEP it is a move challenge. You can walk, run, jog, bike, fly if you dare lol....

I'm hoping to get in a little bit of canoeing ... if the wintery conditions hold off just a bit longer. However, there's a big storm going on here now predicted to continue into the weekend ... gale force winds, lots of rain. Not really good canoeing weather. :)

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Cycling today, higher intensity: 7.7 miles

May 2015 Total to Date: 36.7 miles
    Walk/Run: 4.9 mi. (Target: 25 mi.)
    Cycling: 31.8 mi. (Target: 200 mi.)
  • Will enter... Hoping this weather clears up to get more riding in.. Last week cold this week really nice but rain forcasted almost everyday.
  • Hey @SteveCro is back!! Good to see you! @Machka9 ... Woman, you are just beast! My hero. :D@mrivera0481, you can so totally do this. And @mandybaker100, you are indeed off to a stellar start! I just love May! And January, and October and all those other months... :#

14.26 total miles
  • Good morning! This is exactly what I need. I am new to MFP, it is great to have online support. I have been trying to lose weight, for a few months now and I just seems to hit 160 and can't get past it! I like to exercise on my elliptical, spin bike and I walk outside. I am looking forward to posting my miles :smile:
  • 5 miles spin bike
    1.5 miles elliptical
  • Moving and grooving today, 75 minutes of Zumba, not sure how to convert this to miles? If it's back wind tomorrow I'm cycling to work but only if it's back wind otherwise I'll never get there.

May to date - 28 miles and 75 minutes Zumba
  • THANK YOU Machka! :) My girl is feeling much better. She's begging for food now! lol

Today was 4.0 Miles for me...

MAY 5TH total thus far........20 Walking Miles...
  • Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    March Cycling: 409.33 km (254.34 miles) = 21 hours 55 min
    March Walking: 80.47 km (50 miles) = 16 hours 9 min
    March Total: 489.8 km (304.3 miles) = 38 hours 4 min

April Cycling: 384.15 km (238.7 miles) = 20 hours 35 min
    April Walking: 107.79 km walking (67 miles) = 22 hours 31 min
    April Total: 491.94 km (305.6 miles) = 43 hours 6 min
    Machka9 wrote: »
    May

01 Fri - 3.2 km walking (35 min)
    02 Sat - 37.43 km cycling (120 min)
    03 Sun - 31.04 km cycling (100 min)

So ... my goal is to move 500 km or as close to it as possible again. :) Little bit more challenging now as this is a busy month with work and university ... plus it is winter, and darkness falls on my way home from work now.

04 Mon - 4 km walking (50 min) ... all utility walking, commuting to work, walking between work and uni

Plus I did a 35 min stair climbing workout in the evening. My yard is full of little sets of stairs. The longest one is 7 steps so I mainly focused on that one, up and down, up and down, but I also jogged between the others and did them too for some variety. In total, just over 1000 stairs climbed.
    Plus 10 min upper body weights workout.

05 Tues - 4.8 km walking (60 min) ... again, all utility walking.

Sub-total:
    Walking: 12 km (7.4 miles)
    Cycling: 68.47 km (42.5 miles)
    Time: 365 min (6 h 5 min) walking & cycling + 45 min stairs & weights

• _QueenE_ wrote: »
    I'm in with 100 walking/jogging miles.
    I got in 5 miles on the first and 2 on the second.

7 miles down, 93 to go.

2 miles of walk/jog intervals today.
    91 miles left. :)

89 miles to go

Didn't get anything done today, family came into town :)
  • So glad to have found this thread, this is what I need to keep me motivate........pls count me in