May 2015 Multisport Challenge

Unknown
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
May 2015 Multisport Challenge. Anyone can join in. New & Old. However, you must complete more than one sport. Here are some details plagiarized and modified from similar threads

Anybody want to join me for a multisport challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here.

You can do any COMBINATION of swim, cycle, run, walk, or treadmill. Just be consistent. Your goals are your goals.

You can set your goal now but wait until Friday May 1st to start logging!

*******OPTIONAL TICKER*************
Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker. Ticker may be tricky to manage for each individual sport, so perhaps just a combined ticker.

**I may edit this first post as we go along should more details/info need to be added

Replies

• great job @gobonas99 & @Ohhim !

May 4th - Cycling, 15.5km.

Did 4km messing around with my wee lad, then went out for an unplanned ride, did a further 15.5km. Just wanted to test the knee a little without putting it under too much stress. Average pace 26.1km/h, fairly happy. This was actually only my 2nd time out on the road since April 2012 - I suffered a spinal injury which very much ruled me out of any physical activity for a few years. Will want to see an avg over 30km/h for London Tri (August), but that's a flat route so i don't expect any problem there (unless the swim takes it all out of me)
  • Sorry, just caught the thread have some catching up here from the weekend.:
    Goals:
    Bike: 100 miles. (20 of 100 complete)
    Swim: 20K yds (3k of 20k complete)
  • Super-sore still today from the marathon, but jumped in the pool to get in a bit of upper body only swimming with a pull buoy, as I figured the water would help my sore legs. According to my pedometer, I also managed to get in another 4 miles of (slow) walking from errands, etc... I'll lift tomorrow (and may swim again), but won't resume light jogging for another day or two.

5/1 - 30 min weights
    5/2 - 2 mile run
    5/3 - 26.2 mile run (3:44 time, 8:33 pace)
    5/4 - 0.85 mile easy swim

Remaining: 8 weight sessions, 72 mile running, 500 mile biking, 4.15 mile swim
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    May 4th - Cycling, 15.5km.
    May 5th - Swimming, 0.42km.

Spent a bit of time experimenting with balance in the water, and push/glide (superman flutter), before resorting back to my 'delayed drowning' breaststroke technique. Lessons begin tomorrow evening.
    Walking to the pool and back revealed that the knee is still not so good. More ice.

exercise.png

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    ..dbl post
  • 5/4 - Lofty Ladies ride - 16.73 miles in 1:09:38 (included stops for the group to regather). actual moving time was 1:04:11

We did these rides every Monday last summer, and they REALLY made me a much better cyclist (and I made SO many great new friends!!). I am SO happy that the new season has started - we had 41 ladies show up last night!! :smiley:
  • May 2015 Goals:

Swim - 0/10km
    Cycle - 13.13/100km
    Run - 0/90km
    Walk - 0/36 km
  • Happy CdeMayo!

5/4: 75 minute trainer ride, strength & PT exercises
    5/5: 7.5 mile run neg split easy/tempo
  • I'll join!

I can't swim yet as none of the pools are open here, but I do the other stuff.

Cycling Goal: 40 Miles
    Walking Goal:30 Miles
    Running Goal: 25 Miles

So far this month I have 3/30 walking miles and 1/25 running miles.
  • It's late autumn here ... pitch black and chilly in the evenings now. So getting outside in the evenings is more of a challenge nevertheless, I'll see what I can do. :) My husband is working on setting up a gym inside, so that will help ... and there are always weekends.

Goals:
    Walking: 60 km
    Cycling: 300 km
    And if I can get in some canoeing and weightlifting that would be a plus. :)

So, to start ...

May ...

01 Fri -- 3.2 km walking (35 min)
    02 Sat -- 37.43 km cycling (120 min)
    03 Sun -- 31.04 km cycling (100 min)
    04 Mon - 4 km walking (50 min)

Plus I did a 35 min stair climbing workout in the evening. My yard is full of little sets of stairs. The longest one is 7 steps so I mainly focused on that one, up and down, up and down, but I also jogged between the others and did them too for some variety. In total, just over 1000 stairs climbed.
    Plus 10 min upper body weights workout.

05 Tues - 4.8 km walking (60 min)

Sub-total:
    Walking: 12 km (7.4 miles)
    Cycling: 68.47 km (42.5 miles)
    Time: 365 min (6 h 5 min) walking & cycling + 45 min stairs & weights

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Feeling much less sore today as time in the pool (pull buoy drills only) & easy fast cadence spinning on my commutes helped my legs. Did some upper body lifting as well. Hamstrings are the only remaining sore muscles in my legs at the moment, but will try a short easy run tomorrow to test out my legs. Hoping to get in a long bike ride and mid-distance run this weekend.

Next triathlon is in August (olympic - Pittsburgh), and half-marathon is in November, so debating if I should try a summer HIM (Syracuse 70.3 - June 21, or Eagleman - Maryland - June 14), or half marathon (Chicago R&R?) while my fitness is solid.

5/1 - 30 min weights
    5/2 - 2 mile run
    5/3 - 26.2 mile marathon (3:44 time, 8:33 pace)
    5/4 - 0.85 mile easy swim
    5/5 - 0.75 mile easy swim, 30 min weights, 16 mile bike

Goal: 9 weight sessions, 100 miles running, 500 miles biking, 5 miles swimming
    Remaining: 7 weight sessions, 72 mile running, 484 mile biking, 3.4 miles swimming
  • May 5:

Cycle - 35.56 / 100 miles
    Run/Walk - 4.2 / 50 miles
    Zumba class - 0 / 5 times
    Kettlebell Swings - 250 / 5,000 swings

Rest day yesterday
  • so far:

Cycling - 1/10 hours (11 miles)
    Walking (I have a friend who needs regular motivating with walks) - 10/50 miles
    Swim - 0/100 laps
    Dance class - 0/4 times

I threw in a weight lifting session last night (trying to get back on StrongLifts) and have a dance class tonight.

rest day tomorrow!!! (or might make it back to the gym for more weights depending on how my legs feel after dancing).
  • Ohhim wrote: »
    Next triathlon is in August (olympic - Pittsburgh), and half-marathon is in November, so debating if I should try a summer HIM (Syracuse 70.3 - June 21, or Eagleman - Maryland - June 14), or half marathon (Chicago R&R?) while my fitness is solid.

@Ohhim - I *totally* think you should do Syracuse :wink: Just make sure you practice HILLS - bike and run! :tongue: The bike is just under 2500ft of elevation gain, including "prison hill", nearly 7 miles on sweet road, and "the wall". And the run course is nearly 900ft of elevation gain, including the palladino road and ransom road hills - twice!! :tongue:

5/5 - super easy 2800y swim in 59:33

Totals through 5/5:
    Swim: 1.59 miles in .99 hours (1 swim)
    Bike: 23.53 miles in 1.57 hours (2 rides)
    Run: 11.28 miles in 1.94 hours (2 runs)
  • prelogging for today:

4/5 - Cycling, 15.5km.
    5/5 - Swimming, 0.42km.
    6/5 - Swimming, 45 minute lesson.

exercise.png

exercise.png

exercise.png
    [/quote]
  • gobonas99 wrote: »

@gobonas99 OMG!!! That is like about 4x my speed in the water! I hope one day to be able to say you are only 2x my speed!

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    @gobonas99 "prison hill" and "the wall"? Golly gee, you make Syracuse sound super fun!
    That being said, I have the Mohican Endurance Festival in Ohio in June and their half course features 3600 ft of climbing on the bike. @ohhim it's not too far from your neck of the woods, just saying...

I, uh, ahem, dropped my chain and crashed in the rain on their sprint course last year (sigh, I know... Rookie mistake) so I'm going back for vengeance.
  • csman49 wrote: »
    gobonas99 wrote: »

@gobonas99 OMG!!! That is like about 4x my speed in the water! I hope one day to be able to say you are only 2x my speed!

@csman49 - practice, practice, practice :) not long ago, my "easy effort" swims were averaging 2:30+ per 100Y...just by getting in the water consistently over the past 6 months, I was able to drop that down to 2:15-2:20 per 100Y. Then I had a swim expert friend take a look at my form a couple of weeks ago (as I haven't had swim lessons since I was like 6). She corrected a couple of things, and now my easy effort swims are consistently sub-2:10 per 100Y (last night was 2:08/100Y), and I'm approaching the 2 minute mark for short sets (my last 4x500Y I averaged 2:02 on my first set, and 2:04 over all 4 sets). Plus I do open turns instead of flip turns, so I know I'm losing 2-3 seconds at each end of the pool. I can't wait til OWS season starts, and I can see where I'm REALLY at. :)
  • SBRRepeat wrote: »
    @gobonas99 "prison hill" and "the wall"? Golly gee, you make Syracuse sound super fun!

@SBRRepeat - LOL! Actually...despite the names, those hills are steep, but short (and "prison hill" is so named because there is actually a penitentiary that you pass as you go up that hill)...so you get up, get over them, and you're done with them. It is the 7 miles of continuous, nonstop, no rest climbing on Sweet Road that does you in. :wink: :tongue: Literally...you crest a "hill" and think you get a little downhill, but nope! You get a couple hundred yards of flat, at best, before you get to climb some more. LOL! :smiley:
  • gobonas99 wrote: »
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

@SBRRepeat - LOL! Actually...despite the names, those hills are steep, but short (and "prison hill" is so named because there is actually a penitentiary that you pass as you go up that hill)...so you get up, get over them, and you're done with them. It is the 7 miles of continuous, nonstop, no rest climbing on Sweet Road that does you in. :wink: :tongue: Literally...you crest a "hill" and think you get a little downhill, but nope! You get a couple hundred yards of flat, at best, before you get to climb some more. LOL! :smiley:

LOL, I am familiar with those kinds of climbs. I did Mt. Lemmon in AZ last month (well, okay, I did some of Mt. Lemmon) and it's just a continuous uphill for 15 miles, to the point that anything less than 5% grade looks flat. You don't realize just how steep it is until you're coasting back down the "flat" parts at 45 mph... Good times were had by all.