Am I losing LBM?
Sorry I'm new to all the science, so go easy on me.
So I've seen it repeated that you should _never_ go below 1200 cals/day (unless you're on one of those 5:2 plans). But lately my appetite has dropped (ditched hormonal birth control) and I know a lot of days I'm eating well under this amount. I'm not intentionally restricting (health is much more important to me than numbers on a scale), I'm just doing what my mom always told me: "don't worry about diets, just listen to your body."
So, if I don't feel hungry (and don't feel like I'm restricting myself so there's no temptation to binge) and I have plenty of energy, should I still try to eat more, or am I good?
Is my hunger reflex not doing its job? Am I actually eating more than I think?
More info:
-I don't actually log my food (bring on the outrage), so I could be underestimating my intake.
-started at 128lb on April 1st, goal is 120 (but really, I'd be fine with _gaining_ if it was muscle). At 120.6 now.
-I'm not sure if y'all can see my progress chart (can't find a setting to make it public, so probably not), but I've been consistently losing (a lot at first, which I think was water weight, but now about 1lb/week, which is reasonable...right?)
-I do cardio and strength a few times a week and haven't noticed any energy/endurance loss since before I started really losing.
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help. Guessing most of y'all will just say I should start weighing and logging all food (which would certainly be reasonable), but any other input would be appreciated.