Community Home
Categories
Introduce Yourself
Getting Started
Discussions
Groups
Accueil
Food and Nutrition
weights
unknown
I was wondering..do foods weigh different after they've been heated. I pull things out of the fridge and weigh, then heat and eat. Is it heavier after you weigh it, or less? this is nitpicky and perhaps a silly question.
which one should you use?
Réponses
unknown
Always use a weight prior to cooking - what happens to it after cooking is really immaterial unless you introduce more ingredients (not spices) into the food. Cooking will remove components like water - which can make the food weight less. Take into account all ingredients when you cook it, including oil, prior to cooking.
unknown
Always use pre-cooked weight.
unknown
Yes, they weigh different after vs. before. In general, they will be lighter due to evaporation. I weighed a potato the other day and it was 9.8 oz before I baked it and 7.6 oz after it was baked.
Trouver d'autres publications étiquetées avec
Liens rapides
📚 Categories
🚨 Recent Discussions
👥 Groups
🌟 My Groups
📌 Bookmarks
💬 My Discussions
✏️ My Drafts
⚙️ Community Guidelines