My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Unknown
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Replies

• A wonderful success story. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • From 156kg wearing XXL-XXXL tops, 46" waist jeans to 83KG M-L tops and 32-34" jeans! Just proves anything can happen if you work hard enough

wod64xmx6ubd.jpg
    t754g066hzec.jpg
    trd46oleetz1.jpg
    44p21dbnsdxv.jpg
    4e1z68xbeuhf.jpg
  • seeing something like this really makes me want to work 10 times harder! I really admire your will to keep pushing! Great job and no matter what your beautiful no matter what you look like......
  • From 156kg wearing XXL-XXXL tops, 46" waist jeans to 83KG M-L tops and 32-34" jeans! Just proves anything can happen if you work hard enough

wod64xmx6ubd.jpg
    t754g066hzec.jpg
    trd46oleetz1.jpg
    44p21dbnsdxv.jpg
    4e1z68xbeuhf.jpg

Good job love! Why don't you go ahead and make your own thread? You deserve it. :)
  • Thanks for sharing motivation.
  • What an awesome story! Such an inspiration!