Tea...Is it better for you hot or cold???

I have heard that drinking green tea, detox teas, whatever kind is better for you when it's hot for some reason. Anyone know what the deal is one way or another?

Replies

• It is better to MAKE green tea using lower temperature water (70 degrees C) as the leaves are delicate and will burn with boiling water and taste bitter.

I doubt the actual temperature you drink it at makes a difference though
  • Mmm. I'm not sure one way or another and I don't think it matters. Though, I can say I've heard the same thing. My Chinese Literature professor told us a few years ago that it's believed in Chinese culture that drinking hot beverages (like tea or plain hot water) is better for the digestion, and that mixing hot foods and cold beverages, for example, is poor for the stomach.

I'm really not sure of the science or the truth in it, if any. I just know I really like drinking both hot and cold tea and I've never noticed if it affects me one way or another. XD
  • Doesn't matter what the temperature is. By the time it gets to your stomach, it'll all be the same temp anyways. The only time temp matters is when brewing it, since different blends need different temps and times to brew properly.