St Louis area trainer posts picture of overweight fan at Cardinals game

124»

Replies

• Question for all: What do you do when there is someone very large sitting next to you on the train/bus/plane/wherever that infringes on your seat space? As someone said above, I hate when strangers touch me. In your opinion, what is the proper response when there is someone taking up more than their share of their seat and taking up some of the space that you paid for?
  • BinkyBonk wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    bingo_jenn wrote: »
    http://theantijared.com/2015/05/i-was-the-so-called-unhealthy-fat-woman-at-the-cardinals-game-2.html

I just found this on his FB page with her response. Haven't finished reading it yet.

It's amazing how many "I was ..." entries there are on that blog, all authored by the antijared. The "Beverly" in the Women's Health article linked in the blog entry is a Nutrisystem follower that is eliminating salt and drinking water ... not exactly the same habits described at the ball park.
    Point?
    I don't care if she's noshing on a stick of butter. What he did was wrong, flat out.

Point is one ... what evidence is there that the antijared blog is actually from here considering the number of "I was ... " entries there, and two, the eating habits don't coincide. I would like to thank you for highlighting his point of how difficult it is to have an adult conversation about obesity.
    LOL okay. Thanks for the chuckle.

Right? So the antijared went back in time nearly a full year to set all this in motion with a series of posts on his blog and a women's health post but he forgot one crucial fact! A person who tries a diet sticks with that exact meal plan for the rest of their lives!

Based on his writing, I have doubts that reply is from the woman involved.

What if the anti-Jared, Beverly, AND the trainer were all in on it together? Huh? Huh?

(for the record I don't think that is the case at all).

• SconnieCat wrote: »
    http://theantijared.com/2015/05/i-was-the-so-called-unhealthy-fat-woman-at-the-cardinals-game-2.html

I just found this on his FB page with her response. Haven't finished reading it yet.

It's amazing how many "I was ..." entries there are on that blog, all authored by the antijared. The "Beverly" in the Women's Health article linked in the blog entry is a Nutrisystem follower that is eliminating salt and drinking water ... not exactly the same habits described at the ball park.
    Point?
    I don't care if she's noshing on a stick of butter. What he did was wrong, flat out.

Point is one ... what evidence is there that the antijared blog is actually from here considering the number of "I was ... " entries there, and two, the eating habits don't coincide. I would like to thank you for highlighting his point of how difficult it is to have an adult conversation about obesity.

If you bother to read the "I was ... " series of blogs, they all read the same. The style is identical which is unlikely from the allegedly widely disparate authors.

One can be as fat as they want ... use whatever level of profanity they wish ... smell however ... until they infringe upon others.

Even if that is the case, what right is it of his to post her photo on the internet or write about her on his Facebook page?

Since they were in public, where she had no expectation of privacy, it was well within his rights to photograph and comment all he wanted. It's the same reason why you have the right to comment on him now.

I wish it amazed me how many people rant about his judging her while they judge him and say he was wrong to use her as a generality while voicing an opinion while voicing their opinion about him specifically ... sadly, hypocrisy is now the norm.

Are you talking about the facebook people judging his body (which some are doing, is hypocritical and I'm glad no one here is), or judging him for the action of fat shaming on his blog? I have no idea how you are finding hypocrisy in the latter, and I'm honestly curious.

Point?

If you bother to read the "I was ... " series of blogs, they all read the same. The style is identical which is unlikely from the allegedly widely disparate authors.

One can be as fat as they want ... use whatever level of profanity they wish ... smell however ... until they infringe upon others.

Even if that is the case, what right is it of his to post her photo on the internet or write about her on his Facebook page?

Since they were in public, where she had no expectation of privacy, it was well within his rights to photograph and comment all he wanted. It's the same reason why you have the right to comment on him now.

I wish it amazed me how many people rant about his judging her while they judge him and say he was wrong to use her as a generality while voicing an opinion while voicing their opinion about him specifically ... sadly, hypocrisy is now the norm.
    Sigh.
    Does he have the legal right to take her photo in a public place? Sure. Of course. Outside of your home, free game.

Morally? Up for serious debate, as you see here. I don't consider this discussion hypocrisy. He opened himself up to discussion which I'm pretty sure he knew when he did it.

I think I will just continue down my life's path while employing my moral compass. It's served me well thus far.

• I don't agree with fat/body-shaming but I do agree with one quote from the article:

“The customary way to respond to this now is to want to hug someone and tell them ‘no matter what size you are, that's great.' But in reality it's not great,” Hausher said.

Nowadays, people are promoting being happy and loving yourself by doing whatever you want with your body at any size when the best way to show love to yourself is to eat healthy and exercise which will lead to being in a healthy weight range.

Point?

Are you talking about the facebook people judging his body (which some are doing, is hypocritical and I'm glad no one here is), or judging him for the action of fat shaming on his blog? I have no idea how you are finding hypocrisy in the latter, and I'm honestly curious.

If one is to judge him for being judgmental .. that is hypocritical.