Does anyone know why? (SF jello calorie differences)

The great value (Walmart) sugar free peach jello is less calories than the strawberry? A serving 1/2 cup of the peach (SF) jello is 5 calories, whereas the (SF) Strawberry is 10 calories.

Replies

• Ask Wal-Mart. It's likely just the amount of other additives they need to use to make the strawberry taste good as compared to the peach.
  • Different ingredients would seem the most likely answer.
  • The calories come from the protein content. The lower calorie ones among the sugar free probably require less gelatin to water ratio in order to set.

Times the protein content by 4. (4 calories/gram)
  • Gtk :smiley: It's such a small amount of calories, but I am always curious to ask in case someone knows. Like my question about microwave popcorn yesterday :smiley: Thanks all!
  • ceoverturf wrote: »
    Different ingredients would seem the most likely answer.

makes sense :smile:
  • Afura wrote: »
    Ask Wal-Mart. It's likely just the amount of other additives they need to use to make the strawberry taste good as compared to the peach.

could be, but won't ask walmart (lol) can barely get the attention of someone to show me where anything is. I could imagine trying to get someone to explain calorie differences :tongue: But other additives to make the strawberry taste better does make sense, kinda.
  • It's a good question, I have the sugar free strawberry jello from walmart and will be making it roday. Did you do a simple comparison by reading the ingredient list on both flavors? Usually you'll find the differences in the ingredient list, hence the reason for more calories. Enjoy either way auch a low cal item, maybe even with a little fruit.
  • Well, a serving of peaches, and a servin of strawberries won't be the same calories.

It's because different things have different calories, I'd day.
  • Idk but I love me jelly (jello) so good and the hartleys apple and watermelon 9 calorie a pot even better :)
  • Funny you ask this because i always make the Great Value sugar fee Peach Jello just because its 20 calories less than the other sugar free flavors. I eat one pretty much everyday.