New to the site: Logging spices?

I'm new to this site, and logging food. I've bought a food scale, but while making dinner I've come across my first dilema: Logging spices.So, do people log spices? A tsp nutmeg is 12 calories. Should I log them?

Replies

• If you add a measureable amount then yes... Add the calories... But most spices have very little in the way of calories.
  • If you add a tsp then yes log it. However if your just giving the bottle a little tiny shake I would say that is to little to measure.
  • When I am entering a recipe I do. Anything else tends to be a shake as opposed to a tsp or TBSP so I don't bother
  • I don't usually log spices, but if I create a recipe, I've started adding them just so that I have the full recipe available to me instead of having to use another recipe for the actual recipe. Even if 1 tsp has 12 calories, how much of that 1 tsp are you eating? I guess if you are eating that whole teaspoon in your one serving, then it's probably good to log it. Usually a tsp will get spread over 4-6 servings and then you are only talking 2-3 calories.
  • Thanks everyone for the replies!