Home Gym flooring/body weight equipment

Hi,
I am looking to make part of my garage into a home gym for bodyweight/TRX type of excersice. Does anyone have any experience of flooring for the garage, bearing in mind that I'm in Scotland so may need it to have a wee bit of insulation - I'm thinking of 12mm thick interlocking foam mats.

Also other than a TRX style strap (any advice on a cheaper option would be good), what else do I need? I will have pull up bars and a swiss ball

Replies

• I look forward to hearing your advice.
  • Sheets of plywood work for flooring, too.
  • When I had a garage, I painted the bare cement with cement paint. This will easily chip if weights are dropped but will keep dust down.

Argos sell interlocking mats that they advertise as being suitable for gym equipment but I use them for stretching out on. They have a 2m long mat that rolls out, I find this better to work out on. I dont have any large gym equipment so cant answer that query.
  • I'm pretty much as far North in Scotland as you can get and my gym is in my garage!

My dad did the matting but he's got thick foamy kind of mats, sounds similar to what you are thinking and they work well.

Number 1 tip for a garage gym in Scotland: !!!!!GET A PORTABLE HEATER!!!!! :)