In 78 days, I've lost 163lbs... But I'm not done yet!

13»

Replies

• I'm betting the weird heel pain is plantar's fasciitis. As you continue to lose weight this very well may go away, though recovery is long.
  • Congrats on the weight loss, Op. Your before and after pics are amazing, and you should be immensely proud of yourself.

However, I'm still skeptical. Every TDEE calculator I've come across is saying that in order to have burned that many calories you would need to be very tall, have around 5% body fat, be exercising a couple of hours per day, and have a physical job. It just doesn't add up.

As I said in my other post, if I'm wrong, then I do apologise. You clearly have lost a lot of weight, I just can't see how you could have done it in the time frame that you're claiming. If you have, then you need to be getting some tests done as you're a medical anomaly.

Good luck for the rest of your weight loss.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Bloody hell mate, well done! That is absolutely fantastic. Your photos are great. Please keep updating, it's so motivating and inspiring to see someone like yourself' journey and success

You should be very proud of yourself xxx
    Edited to add, your new hairstyle looks cool too
  • This just goes to show that every body is different. And that rules and calculators are just generalizations. They aren't rules for everybody.
  • jgnatca wrote: »
    I'm betting the weird heel pain is plantar's fasciitis. As you continue to lose weight this very well may go away, though recovery is long.

Plantar fasciitis is awful. Frequent icing (as OP is doing) and frequent stretching. There's also an annoying boot that you can wear while sleeping that helps a lot of people. Worth looking into because the recovery time from PF is awful.
  • spdrcr456 wrote: »
    This just goes to show that every body is different. And that rules and calculators are just generalizations. They aren't rules for everybody.

The "rules" aren't generalizations. They're actually rules that can be expressed by formula and they work for everybody. OP just seems to be on an extreme end of the curve for his CO and/or for his "other weight (not fat) from initial start of diet". If so, OP should be reminded that his current rate of loss almost certainly won't continue and that he should be mentally prepared for slower sustained progress towards his goal...but that as long as it is progress, it's a good thing.
  • Amazing change so far whatever works for you may not work for others but I say as long as you are not doing anything that will affect you health in anyway keep it up... but keep it sensible too
  • Good on you! Keep it up!