Need a plan to lose weight ! Baby step by baby step !

Hi, I'm Jessica.
I'm struggling with my weight since the birth of my second child.
Also, struggling with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

I've tried clean eating, P90X3 and others things.
And believe those are great to lose weight, but I wasn't able to follow those for a long time.
Because, we have to change too many things at once.
I always fell of the waggon after a week or 2.

I need help ! Please !
Thank's !!

Replies

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Easiest think I know to do:
    • Set up your profile on MFP with a reasonable goal weight loss per week
    • Eat at that calorie goal number when you don't workout and eat up to 50% of your exercise calories back when you do workout (don't worry, your goal on MFP is calculated so you lose weight without exercise so when you workout you can safely eat more and still lose weight)
    • Weigh your food with a scale for accuracy. There is an Ozeri one on amazon that's around $13. Whatever scale you use you will want a tare button (zeros out scale), grams and ounces options. My personal preference is to get one with a flat top so you can set your plate/bowl/whatever on top.
    • Pick an exercise you enjoy doing. If you enjoy it your more likely to stick with it. This can be just walking to start off or dance or running or well anything active really.
    • Remember that weight fluctuates based on many factors. Take measurements and pictures.

TL;DR - Use MFP as designed, use a food scale, and find a workout you enjoy.

edit: Oh and no food is off limits. Eat what you want just make sure it fits your calorie allotment. Weighing out portions makes this part a bit easier.
  • Thank's Shadow2soul !! Will try that !
  • What shadow2soul said
  • Everything that Shadow said, and then this.
    Take it slow and steady. Dont look for a fast fix because they fail, over and over again.

You need to change your lifestyle to stay fit and healthy for your kids. Learn how to make good wholesome food, that your kids can eat as well, good for your figure but good for their future too.

If you keep making excuses you end up like the top part of my profile picture. If you start making changes you get the bottom part. No one said it was easy, but you dont need to go OTT either.

Good luck