disabled trying to loose weight any tips?

Im 26 have cerebral palsy and need to loose weight any tips?? i work on a till, and try to do light exercise via vibration plate sitting on it and in my chair any ideas would be greatly appreciated ☺

Replies

• Hi Im disabled and live in Holland. First things I found out that I wasn't eating enough protein.And that I had to eat more. So first tip : make sure you eat enough protein. Protein for breakfast or lunch makes that you don't snack during the day. Second tip , eat enough. Find out your TDEE and BMR. Don't go under your BMR. TDEE minus about 20% is good for weightloss. I consume between the 1600 and 1900 cal daily and lost about 10 kg since jan 2nd.

good luck!
  • you lose weight in the kitchen, you dont have to exercise

follow the calorie limits mfp provides and WEIGH ALL YOUR FOOD and you should lose weight. make sure your doctor knows your plans and agrees it is a healthy way for you to lose weight.
  • The main thing for losing weight is to start tracking. Get a food scale (digital with a tare function) and start weighing what you eat. MFP will give you a food goal. You may want to talk with your doctor or other medical professional to see if there are any specific dietary or activity recommendations for people with cerebral palsy.
  • Welcome! Unless your doctor says otherwise, I'd say to enter all of your information into MFP and see how many calories you're allotted to eat per day to lose. Aim for a pound a week to start with and see how it goes.

Do you use a chair all the time? If so, your activity level would be Sedentary. Do you have a lot of/any involuntary movement? I'd imagine that would use more calories. Really it's a case of trying and seeing what will work, but you definitely don't have to be very active to lose weight - it's all about the calories. You need to ensure that you're eating fewer calories than you're burning just through your daily activities.
  • How much can you move? Little gentle stretches may be an option or get your carer to help you do arm/ leg lifts or circling motions. But honestly that's for fitness and helping your muscles. I'd concentrate at eating the right amount of calories for you to lose a pound or two a week xx