In need of some exercise routine advice!

Hello! So I am trying to plan out a decent exercise routine for myself in the hopes that it will motivate me better to have more goals/things to do/etc. Last summer I was adequate at running (i could jog 2-3 miles at a 12 minute pace) at 170 pounds. I wasn't really seeing weight-loss, which might have been because of my diet, but I did feel good and not bloated for the most part. Over the past 10 months I gained back the weight I lost in high school and I am now 212 pounds. Bad, I know.

So basically, I am looking for some recommendations for some good strength training. I know that, paired with cardio, gets the best results. I do have access to an awesome gym but I have social anxiety and the weights are always very crowded. I am looking for some type of video (on youtube or DVD or anything) that I can do in my apartment 3-4 times a week, along with getting back into jogging. I've considered starting with is the 30 Day Shred (mostly because I already own it). I am not horribly out of shape (I walk 1-3 miles a day between my apartment and my classes) but I really have lost a lot of my endurance.

Sorry for how long this ended up being! :)

Replies