Calories tracker help

I have an app called stepz that counts how many steps I did, and it shows me I burned 200 calories, while the treadmill says I burn 415. Which one should I considered?
Thanks

Replies

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I have an app called stepz that counts how many steps I did, and it shows me I burned 200 calories, while the treadmill says I burn 415. Which one should I considered?
    Thanks

Hard to say without more info...

But as a general rule, the calorie burns posted by cardio machines are well known to be wildly inaccurate and often vastly overstated.

Likely neither is all that accurate, but I'd be inclined to trust the step tracker more than the treadmill - even if only slightly so.
  • Go with the step tracker. :)
  • They're probably both wrong, so pick one and go with it. If your weight loss doesn't match what you estimate, adjust your calories accordingly.
  • They're probably both wrong, so pick one and go with it. If your weight loss doesn't match what you estimate, adjust your calories accordingly.

Agree but if I had to choose one I would choose the lower number. I would rather raise my calorie intake because I am losing too fast than lower it because I am not losing like I should.
  • I'd always choose the lowest.
  • I just think 200 calories is not enough. It was 75 minutes on the threadmill
  • treadmill*
  • I just think 200 calories is not enough. It was 75 minutes on the threadmill

Doing what? Walking at 3 mph with no incline? Or running full sprint at a 30% incline?
  • Running with intervals and inclined
  • I'm
    25 5.7 145 pounds
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I just think 200 calories is not enough. It was 75 minutes on the threadmill

I think most people agree with you. Neither of the numbers are likely correct. What was the distance covered?
  • How many steps is it saying you took? I think you first need to look into the step-counting accuracy. If you ran 5 miles, that should be approximately 10,000 steps (on average, it's about 2000 steps for every mile). If your step counter is way off, then of course the calories are going to be way off.
  • ticc6u2o4n64.jpg
    Right now it looks like this
  • Is this for the whole day? Do you remember the miles/steps/calories after you completed the treadmill?
  • jaga13 wrote: »
    Is this for the whole day? Do you remember the miles/steps/calories after you completed the treadmill?

Yes for the day. The other days was wrong because I wasn't holding the phone. On the treadmill 840 calories from 1 hour and half Running with intervals