inner thigh issues

I know that you cannot determine where weight comes off. However I have what I call "pockets" around my inner thigh area that I want to get rid of. I have tried the thigh machines at the gym, but am not sure what else will help to get rid of the problem. I would love to wear shorts without having them rise up in between my thighs when i walk. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I

Replies

• there isn't really much u can do. I know it sucks. losing weight is all that will help. even at my thinnest (135lbs) my thighs still rubbed together and my shorts would ride up. it's just how I am built.
  • I've lost weight, and some from my thighs but I still have the short ride up problem, it's just the make up of my body, I'd have to be a pretty low bf% to make this stop.

That being said no exercise will help get rid of the fat there, calorie deficit and time will. You could however continue to work the area and build up the muscle, if you're genetically designed to have larger legs, might as well make for some kick butt stems :)
  • there isn't really much u can do. I know it sucks. losing weight is all that will help. even at my thinnest (135lbs) my thighs still rubbed together and my shorts would ride up. it's just how I am built.

This^

Just keep losing the weight and use weighted exercise. Do the best you can.

You can't control where you will lose weight....it's partly genetics. I can be super thin on top & still have chunky legs. My goal is NOT to look a certain way (not gonna happen)....it's to be healthier.
  • Seconding that it might just be a thing. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs, especially my inner thighs. Chafing and shorts riding up are just life for me. And it took me a while, but I'm okay with it now. :) I'd rather have to pull down my shorts periodically than avoid wearing them. Shorts are great!
  • I have huge thighs, even when I was thin as a teen, still had huge thighs. Shorts riding up is just a normal thing for me. I loved when I could wear the really short short (think daisy dukes) because I didn't have to worry about. I am now 49, daisy dukes are not an option. I just pull the shorts down now and again. I bought longer shorts for going to amusement parks so I don't have painful chafing at the end of the day :) I used to wear jeans, but I found the first pair of long shorts that didn't make me look dumpy, so they work great :)
  • sumo squats work your inner thigh muscle so will help to tone :) i have also found spin had toned my legs immensley in the last 3 months !
  • thanks for all the replies. I guess i will have to buy longer shorts!!!
  • Stop using that machine. It is designed to build the muscle under the fat. It's a very small muscle, but not one you really have any need to focus on and build size or strength. Unfortunately, you may need to get extremely lean through diet to make that fatty area smaller. My thighs are the same, and it's just something I've learned to live with. Short shorts and boy shorts don't work for me. But no one probably notices except me anyway.

Work your legs as a whole through compound exercises. Lunges and squats are great in all varieties. Deadlifts and hip thrusts are great if you want to build a booty. Exercise will create a nice shape and distract from any problem areas. But only diet can reduce fat, and you can't spot reduce.
  • I have the same problem, the only thing that has worked for me is calorie deficit, *weighted* squats...I do any and all versions (I can’t do lunges due to hip issues) and lots of patience.