The Proof is in the Logging

I recently started using myfitnesspal... seriously, that is... and what a revelation! In the past, I just could not understand why I wasn't losing weight. I exercise and I really wasn't eating that much, or so I thought. Since I have started logging my calories, I've learned that it is not the quantity that matters (at least not in this example), but the quality of the food. I was amazed, and terrified, to learn how many calories even some of my healthier choices contained, especially when it came to what I was drinking. Education, revelation, dedication... I love this app!

Replies

• Knowledge is king! Just want ot add this: The quantity does matter when it comes to calories... but quality matters for satiety and how much food you will want to eat, and how easy it will be to not overeat. There are no healthy foods per se, just diets that are more or less healthy for a particular individual. A food that has the word "healthy" on the packaging, is probably not a good choice. And be careful about drinking your calories.
  • Great advice!!! Thank you!
  • Hi @Finding_Dreama I was in the same shape as you. I would exercise and eat but could not seem to lose weight. When I started to honestly log my food in MFP, I saw the problem. LOL There is no telling how many calories I was eating before; such an eye opener. It has been a great experience for me! I wish you the best!
  • Actually the quantity matters a lot....I would dare say even more than quality. If you really want to know how much you're eating, get a food scale. Now that is a eye opener. Having a food scale really teaches you about portions. I like to suggest this thread here, it gives you a real understanding of this whole weight loss journey. You don't have to read all the replies but I do suggest the first post by @sidesteel.
  • Actually the quantity matters a lot....I would dare say even more than quality. If you really want to know how much you're eating, get a food scale. Now that is a eye opener. Having a food scale really teaches you about portions. I like to suggest this thread here, it gives you a real understanding of this whole weight loss journey. You don't have to read all the replies but I do suggest the first post by @sidesteel.

Yess! I think what you are referring to is this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Couldn't agree more :D