Protein powder scoop??

Just bought my first tub of protein powder...I got 2kg of PhD Diet whey.... (good brand ??)

I didn't realize it was so big, but anyway, should I have a scoop inside the tub? I really hate the feel of powder so don't wanna dig my hands through unless there is defo one inside.

Thanks.

Replies

• If it's like the protein I buy, the scoop is buried somewhere in the middle. I usually save the scoop from a tub when I finish it , so when I buy the next one I don't have to go digging.
  • yeah mine comes with one in the bag but I'd suggest using a teaspoon or similar until you find it if you don't want to go digging
  • I use a coffee scoop. As I weigh the powder anyway it doesn't matter what I use, the coffee scoop is convenient and always around.
  • I just use a spoon to dig around to find it. I honestly don't know why I bother with the scoop, because I weigh the powder.
  • Oohh, a spoon...much nicer idea. Doh!

I will have a dig around soon, but I'm gonna assume now it's better to weigh it out instead? I didn't even think about that.

25g per scoop it says. 91 calories / 17g of protein.
  • Yep weigh it for accuracy
  • Yup, I understand why now. Just found the scoop and used 1 scoop on scales and it come at 32g for the scoop.