I know this sounds lame but i dont want to lose my boobs! Help

ive been on and off dieting and going to the gym since i had my baby 2 years ago. Trying to get back on track again. But i found that losing weight will also leave my boobs saggy. How do i prevent that?

Replies

• You could meet with a trainer to see what firming and toning you can fo for surrounding muscles but when it comes to the fat and tissue it's going to be a matter of genetics and luck. Make a choice. What is more important to you? A healthier body or big boobs. In the big picture do your breasts define your femininity?
  • I honestly have had the same concern. I've only lost 12lb so far, but up until this point, they've only gotten perkier and they look much better on my smaller frame. I've always tried to work on the muscle underneath my breasts, so I think that helps.

Really wish I didn't buy 20 new bras right before I started though. Hope some of those fit when I hit goal.
  • Definitely luck.... I was a 34B when I started and I've lost 53 pounds and am barely a 32A. I just opt for push up bras :P
  • I'm afraid most breast tissue is fat, if you lose fat you will lose breast tissue. As lauracups says do toning on surrounding muscles and invest in padded and push up bras and a pair of 'chicken fillets'.
  • I can never figure out how the women bodybuilders can stand to completely lose their breasts.
  • ive been on and off dieting and going to the gym since i had my baby 2 years ago. Trying to get back on track again. But i found that losing weight will also leave my boobs saggy. How do i prevent that?
    You can't. Your body dictates where fat is lost and there's no way to deter it from happening with any exercise technique or workout. There also aren't any exercise techniques that firm up breasts since you can't train fat.
    So options are, stay at a higher body fat level to keep them, lose weight and probably lose them, or plastic surgery to enhance them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• I can never figure out how the women bodybuilders can stand to completely lose their breasts.
    They more than likely can't, which is why 95% of female competitors get implants.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• I don't think there's anything you can do. I keep hoping that bench presses and push ups and other chest exercises will help them be a bit perkier/less saggy, but I have no idea if that's actually true or not. As for size... they're gonna do what they're gonna do.