insanity

What do you all think about the insanity videos and have they helped any of you?

Replies

• I loved them when i moved away from my gym and was at a loss for what to do. I wish I could go back to them but with 2 very young kids I don't have the time, space, or ability to get away from clingy hands and demands of attention.
    If you love to really push yourself, and can get past the somewhat cult-y exuberance of it, it's pretty awesome.
  • Thanks alot
  • Have to say I only made it halfway through the second month, unfortunately I got ill and that threw me off. Still trying to work my way back up to do the second month again! I find Shaun T to be really motivating, the variety in the workouts stopped me from getting bored, and the midweek recovery workout is really good in terms of keeping you focussed and preventing you from burning out. You also notice a difference in your ability to do it really quickly, which is so encouraging. It's definitely really hard in the beginning, but you just have to listen to your body and progress at your own rate (and listen to Shaun's mantra, "Form over speed!").
  • Loved the Insanity workout, they are really challenging but man what a great feeling of accomplishment once you get done. They are hard on the knees, if you have existing knee problems you will want to either wear a brace or choose another program. I did Insanity when I was 49 years old and weighing in at over 250 and with no ACL in my left knee. I took it slow at first and ramped up. You can do it too!
  • I think they are great. There are sequences that really challenged me. You will see changes in your fitness. I pick it up and do it for a few weeks about once a year. I have some knee concerns. (I am 51)
  • Love it! I first did T25 to ease myself into it.. then i completed insanity - hardest thing I have ever done but loved every second of it.. now onto Insanity Max 30 and by far my fave workout of the beachbody series. Not lost a large amount of weight, but 3 inches off my waist, 2 off my hips, 2 off my thighs. Unfortunately it takes its toll on your knees and now ive injured one of them, so taking some time off to heal before i complete month 2!