Stop gaining weight

Hi everyone. I haven't logged in a while. I've been successfully maintaining my weight at around 115 lbs at 5'3.5'' for about 1 and half years now. However, recently I have been gaining weight. I got really sick 3 months ago and was intubated in the ICU. I was kept NPO (no food) for 3 days and then on day 4-day 7 they placed me on a feeding tube. I've lost some weight from the beginning. When I got back home, I lost control of my cravings. I kept thinking that I would like to eat whatever I want because of the terrible things that happened to me that I deserve to indulge.

Well I was able to regain the weight back and I was 115 again in no time. However, I kept eating and now I'm passed that and I'm already 119 lbs. I've gained almost 7 real pounds in a matter of 2 months. I feel gross now. I know I'm not fat but I decided I'm not going to cross the 120's. I'm going to start diet/exercise regimen again. I worked too hard to get to my goal weight just do it over again.

Sorry just venting. I just stepped on the scale and got really sad.

Replies

• Good for you! I'm really glad you stepped back on the scale. In the past, when I have felt 'entitled' to eat whatever I want, I have also stayed away from the scale. If I don't KNOW I'm gaining weight, then it can't POSSIBLY my fault, right?

You have taken a great first step. Now do something about it!!!
  • DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Good for you! I'm really glad you stepped back on the scale. In the past, when I have felt 'entitled' to eat whatever I want, I have also stayed away from the scale. If I don't KNOW I'm gaining weight, then it can't POSSIBLY my fault, right?

You have taken a great first step. Now do something about it!!!

thanks for the encouragement!!

• First of all just be glad that you are here and well again! That must have been a scary time.

As you start to get stronger you will get rid of that few pounds :)
  • You were smart to step back on the scale. It is best never to ignore your weight gain because a 4 lb gain can easily turn into a 10 or 20 pound gain. That's how I found myself in the situation I am in now. Glad you are feeling well again.