Help...I don't know what to eat for breakast!

So I've been trying to eat healthy

Replies

• All those Vegas buffets...so many options.
  • For breakfast I have a smoothie ...
  • eat some food.
  • I usually have oatmeal and chia seeds with yogurt and banana/ green smoothie. It's yum and healthy :)
  • greek yogurt, oatmeal, egg w/whole grain toast, high fiber/protein cereal. I too have a smoothie for now, consists of protein powder, almond milk, fruit, and fiber
  • I typically use a combination of egg whites with sauteed veggies and turkey sausage. I'll add some black beans to my omelets. I prefer a smoothie, but if you're one of the foraging kind, then your appetite will be awakened a couple of hours later and you may set yourself up for failure. From what I've found, meal timing really doesn't matter. It comes down to calorie consumption to meet BMI requirements and meeting macro nutrient goals.
  • Eggs and Fruit. Scrambled 1 Whole + 2 Whites or boiled. If you are not a regular breakfast eater it can be intimidating. Just watch your portions and work out the 'healthy' down the line.
  • Peanut butter and strawberries on toast. It's amazing.
  • An egg (usually over easy with a coconut oil pam spray) and a whole grain toast, half a slice of fat free sharp cheddar and one of those nice, super thin slices of deli ham on top. Or some oatmeal with cinnamon sugar (or cream of wheat). Or I'll make an omelette. Potato, onion, mushroom, eggs, tomato, ham, cheese.

Eat what you want.

*Goes back to lurking*
  • I do overnight oats when I'm on the go. I make up a bunch on the weekend then freeze them. Put them in the fridge the night before, and then can grab it and a spoon and I'm set. This is the site I got my basic recipes from but now I am constantly trying new flavors :) Plus since I can change up the flavors, I don't get bored with it.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • I have a hardboiled egg with 3 strip of John Morrel ready bacon...130 calories of yummm!!!
  • I really love an open faced toast with egg and avocado and spinach.
  • Greek yogurt with fruit or a protein shake with some added fruit. Eggs and/or egg whites are good too. I just usually don't have time to mess with that on weekdays. I prepare several protein shakes on Sunday and freeze them. I take one out each night and put it in the fridge and they thaw out enough for the next day's breakfast. Feel free to add me. My diary is open to my friends
  • I eat eggs, toast with butter, fruit & coffee - sometimes I also have bacon with it. Other days I have oatmeal with plain greek yogurt, walnuts, blueberries, honey & cinnamon. In summer I often do a similar combination with overnight oats (google it) - quick and cool on a hot summer morning, and delicious after an early morning run.

You can eat whatever you want for breakfast, just make it fit in your goals, and bonus if it gives you some good protein, fat and carbs - these give it "sticking power", giving you energy and keeping you full all morning.
  • I sometimes go with a breakfast casserole turkey sausage, chicken Apple sausage, shredded hash browns,egg beaters, eggs, spinsvh, mushroom, and cheese only 215 calories full of protein or special k protein cereal