6 mos later - in same boat. HOW TO STAY GOOD ON WEEKENDS?!

I can be really good during the week and then the weekend hits and I'm a mess. I purposely started last Wednesday so that I would have 2 full good days before going into the weekend. I didn't do as bad as I usually do, but it still wasn't that good when I have 100+ lbs to lose. :(

Would wearing a tracker on my wrist help?

Replies

• On the weekends it helps me to bring my own snacks. If I am going to the ballpark or something, I bring an apple, carrot sticks, etc. I also try to get in some outdoor activities like walking at the park or yard work.
  • I'm the same at work (trucker) I eat cereal for breakfast and lunch but when at home (days off and weekends) I can't stick to it and then find it hard to get back on track at work.
  • You're going to have to want to lose that weight. Weekends are really tough going but you can make the changes necessary.
    Are you weighing and logging all your food? What are your trigger/troublesome foods/meals on the weekends? Where can you make changes at those times?
    For weight loss, it's all about calories. A tracker (I'm assuming exercise or step tracker) would allow you some extra calories to eat on that day but if you aren't losing, I wouldn't eat those calories back.

Track everything carefully for a couple of weekends. Then look back over the weekend and see where the calories are accumulating and make changes there.
  • I use the runtastic apps to log exercise, I only track at times where normally I would be exercising, ie when I walk to shop instead of driving or when purposely keeping busy doing jobs instead off sitting and watching TV it's amazing how it builds up, I try not to eat my exercise otherwise what's point doing it
  • I once read great advice about the weekends: plan for the "special" occasions but eat exactly the same the rest of the weekend as you would during the week. For instance, say you have a special event Saturday night. Fine. You'll have to figure out how to make the best choices at that event, and you may over eat. But Saturday's breakfast and lunch (and possibly snacks) should stay exactly the same as a Tuesday. So if you normally eat a salad for lunch during the week, eat that for Saturday's lunch. If you normally eat oatmeal or eggs for breakfast during the week, stick with that on Sunday morning. In other words, don't use Saturday night's special event as an excuse to totally derail the whole weekend. I hope this helps!
  • Also, I highly recommend that you pre-log your food. I log mine in the night before (or at least earlier in the day). It's my plan for what I'm going to eat. Then I edit as necessary (because I'm human!). So this Friday night I'll pre-log my eating plan for Saturday (we don't have any major plans, so I'll eat everything at home, similar to what I would eat during the week). Saturday night I'll pre-log Sunday's typical breakfast. It gets tricky with lunch and dinner because we will go to my sister-in-law's house for Mother's Day and I don't know for sure what I will eat, so I won't pre-log that. But the rest of the weekend has a solid plan that I can stick to.
  • MickyMo wrote: »
    I can be really good during the week and then the weekend hits and I'm a mess. I purposely started last Wednesday so that I would have 2 full good days before going into the weekend. I didn't do as bad as I usually do, but it still wasn't that good when I have 100+ lbs to lose. :(

Would wearing a tracker on my wrist help?

Why are weekends a mess? What happens on weekends?

For me, weekends give me the opportunity to be a whole lot more active than I am during the week. During the week, I am mainly stuck in an office ... but on the weekends, I can get out and hike, cycle, or do whatever. And that really helps.