Linked Apps- FitBit, Runkeeper, MFP

I am currently using FitBit, Runkeeper and MFP to track calorie intake, steps and exercise. For those of you who use these apps, which would be better to track your exercise like running and biking. FitBit will track regardless but on the FitBit Charge HR you can trigger it to record specific exercise.

Replies

• I am not at all an expert, having just yesterday linked those exact three apps yesterday. (I had FitBit and MFP linked for a few days before that.) It appears that MFP tells you how much it expects you to burn, then it adds in anything Runkeeper says you burned. Then it takes the FitBit calories burned and compares them. If you burned more on there then the other two combine they add the difference to your total. I believe that those are the extra calories that you are allowed to eat.

For example, MFP says I need to should be burning 1991 on a normal day. Yesterday I burned 185 on a walk tracked by Runkeeper (while also wearing my FitBit) giving me a total of 2176 that I actually should have burned. My FitBit says, though, that my calorie burn was 2059, so I can't actually count 117 of those projected calories. Conversely, the other day I was projected to burn the 1991 but the FitBit says I burned 2196. Those were true extra calories that I can use.

Not sure if this is correct or helpful, but that would be my view on it.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Would like to hear from more people on this subject. I was just wondering last night if my adding my treadmill walks manually to runkeeper if I am doubling the calories burned by doing that since I had my Fitbit on. I like tracking my activities in runkeeper because I like seeing the statistics etc but I don't want to be adding false information to mfp in the process.