vegan bodybuilders

Hey guys,
Any suggestions on recipes or meals with high protein without the meat? Been meatless for aheile and thinking about getting back in the gym. Currently using whey protein,tofu,beans,and nuts to get proteins.

Replies

• Have you tried seitan?
  • Whey protein isn't vegan, but there are vegan protein powders out there - soya, rice, pea, hemp.

Aside from the foods already mentioned, other vegan protein sources are lentils, chick peas, peas, soya 'meat' products, seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc), vegetables, soya milk.
  • Whey isn't vegan, it's made from milk. There are vegan protein powders out there, even bodybuilding.com has a section just for plant based protein powders.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-complete-vegetarian-proteins.html
  • If you have a Trader Joe's look for their high protein tofu it has about 70 grams of protein per package and their tempeh has 40 per package. For powders I used nitrofusion or plantfusion which has all the essential amino acids. I'm able to get over 200 grams of protein per day.
  • Tempeh is a higher protein healthier fat cousin to tofu and in my own opinion tastes better because it has a nuttier roast kind of flavor (like a portabella). There are a lot of vegan meat replacement that are made of mycoproteins which are proteins derived from fungus lol (mushrooms and yeast).
  • "thinking about getting back in the gym" =/= bodybuilder.