10lb in 8 weeks

Hi everyone!

Who fancies joining me in my mission to loose 10lb in 8 weeks?!?

Any tips, advice, and motivation is welcomed with open arms!

Add me as a friend so we can do it together :smile:

Replies

• According to your profile you only have 10lbs to lose? Good luck doing that in a healthy way in 8 weeks.....
  • Why can't she lose 10 pounds in 2 months in a healthy way if that's all she has to lose?

This is an honest question, not snarky. I've never been 10 pounds from goal before, so I really don't know.
  • astrampe wrote: »
    According to your profile you only have 10lbs to lose? Good luck doing that in a healthy way in 8 weeks.....

Yes, 10lb until I'm at my first goal weight. I only intend on doing it in a healthy way. If I stick to my calories and exercise 4 times a week I can loose 1.3lb a week.

POSITIVITY ONLY PLEASE! :)
  • 10 pounds in 8 weeks is completely realistic in a healthy way!!! Averaging 1 1/2 - 2 pounds a week is healthy! I will send you a friend request... I have about 17 pounds to my goal weight (27 to my ultimate goal weight) and have been doing this since January! I am proud I have logged 121 days!!!
  • u can definitely lose 10lb in 8 weeks and be healthy. my goal is always 5lbs a month. I've got 17lb left to go. it will take dedication. totally with you on it. heck if I lose alittle less who cares I still like having goals
  • Why can't she lose 10 pounds in 2 months in a healthy way if that's all she has to lose?

This is an honest question, not snarky. I've never been 10 pounds from goal before, so I really don't know.

10 Lbs in a couple of months is totally realistic for someone who actually has a lot of weight to lose...not so much for someone who is just trying to lose some vanity Lbs that they probably don't need to lose anyway. She will not have the fat stores to sustain the requisite deficit to lose that fast without torching lean mass...you can only oxidize so much fat and she simply doesn't have the fat stores to mobilize.

My guess is that there really isn't 10 Lbs to be lost and we're talking more about a body composition issue here...which unfortunately cannot be addressed crashing a diet...in fact, that will just make things worse.

Carry on though...and good luck with all that.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    alexelmer wrote: »
    astrampe wrote: »
    According to your profile you only have 10lbs to lose? Good luck doing that in a healthy way in 8 weeks.....

Yes, 10lb until I'm at my first goal weight. I only intend on doing it in a healthy way. If I stick to my calories and exercise 4 times a week I can loose 1.3lb a week.

POSITIVITY ONLY PLEASE! :)
    They said that as the less you have to lose the smaller your deficit should be. the last 10-15lbs should be done at around 0.5 lbs/week (depending on leanness). With less fat to lose a larger deficit will lead to a larger % of your wight loss coming from lean muscle, meaning you will have a higher bf% at your goal weight losing faster than if you lost slower. Adequate protein and a progressive strength training program will also help minimize muscle loss.
  • It has taken me 4 months to lose 8 pounds. Personally, I think your expectation of losing 1.3 lbs every week, for 2 months is unrealistic, but best of luck to you OP.
  • 2chubbynow wrote: »
    It has taken me 4 months to lose 8 pounds. Personally, I think your expectation of losing 1.3 lbs every week, for 2 months is unrealistic, but best of luck to you OP.

Yep. I'm about 10 pounds from my goal weight and it took me a year to lose 20 pounds. So yeah... 10 pounds in 8 weeks - not likely when you're already at a normal weight.

Why don't you just go on your holiday in July and don't worry about whether you lose 10 pounds or not? Just enjoy yourself and be healthy and strong.

• It's definitely doable so go for it....I'm on my last 4lbs so I'll decline but I've been seeing 1.2lbs loss per week recently so it's definitely achievable and without starving yourself too - I eat 1700 gross cals to lose that (45yrs/ 5ft 2 /very active)
  • According to my calculations, 10 lbs in 8 weeks means you need a 625 calorie deficit every day (or average). I don't think I could sustain that large deficit for 2 months straight because it would involve a lot of daily exercise, and I would need more fuel, so I will keep at my .5 lb pace for now!
  • cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Why can't she lose 10 pounds in 2 months in a healthy way if that's all she has to lose?

10 Lbs in a couple of months is totally realistic for someone who actually has a lot of weight to lose...not so much for someone who is just trying to lose some vanity Lbs that they probably don't need to lose anyway. She will not have the fat stores to sustain the requisite deficit to lose that fast without torching lean mass...you can only oxidize so much fat and she simply doesn't have the fat stores to mobilize.

My guess is that there really isn't 10 Lbs to be lost and we're talking more about a body composition issue here...which unfortunately cannot be addressed crashing a diet...in fact, that will just make things worse.

Carry on though...and good luck with all that.

I'm classed as over weight on the BMI scale, I'm 5ft 6 at 155lb. I am not crash dieting, simply swapping my unhealthy choices for healthy choices and working out!

• Thanks all for your comments, be assured I certainly don't intend on crash dieting or pushing myself to the extreme! I personally find it encouraging and more fun to set time/weight goals.

I understand I may struggle or not loose as much as I have recently, but I'm going to try. After all, if no one try's- no one will succeed!
  • alexelmer wrote: »
    Thanks all for your comments, be assured I certainly don't intend on crash dieting or pushing myself to the extreme! I personally find it encouraging and more fun to set time/weight goals.

I understand I may struggle or not loose as much as I have recently, but I'm going to try. After all, if no one try's- no one will succeed!

^^ Like :smile: