Quest Protein bars making me sick

I didn't want to believe it because they taste so darn good but the Quest Protein bars are making me sick. Yesterday I had half of a vanilla almond bar and felt a slight headache and general floaty head feeling until I ate dinner and it went away. I wasn't sure if it was the bar so of course I decided to have an entire Cookie Dough flavored bar this morning for breakfast. I am full but the floaty head feeling is there now. I'm drinking water in hopes that it will go away. Does anyone else get similar feelings from these bars? I am not a protein bar person but I enjoy the taste every now and then so I am not sure if its just these bars or if others would give me the same effect.

Replies

• I have been eating Quest protein bars for over a year now and have never had any issues with them. If you find that they make you sick I would stop using them and find ones that you like better.
  • I got a headache every single time I ate them. Felt yucky afterwards. I just had to stop eating them. Sorry. They are delish!
  • I don't have any problem with them--I eat one nearly every day--but some flavors don't sit well with my 17-year-old daughter. I don't think she has the feelings you describe, just general GI uneasiness.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I can only eat 1/2 a bar at a time; a whole bar will make me nauseous for a couple of hours.
  • I didn't want to believe it because they taste so darn good but the Quest Protein bars are making me sick. Yesterday I had half of a vanilla almond bar and felt a slight headache and general floaty head feeling until I ate dinner and it went away. I wasn't sure if it was the bar so of course I decided to have an entire Cookie Dough flavored bar this morning for breakfast. I am full but the floaty head feeling is there now. I'm drinking water in hopes that it will go away. Does anyone else get similar feelings from these bars? I am not a protein bar person but I enjoy the taste every now and then so I am not sure if its just these bars or if others would give me the same effect.

What else are you eating? If you are just eating a protein bar that's 190 calories in place of a meal you are likely headachey due to being hungry.
  • This seems pretty simple. If something you eat doesn't agree with you, don't eat it. Fortunately, we live in a world with millions of food choices.
  • Oh I plan to stop eating them. I don't think the headache is from hunger. I eat pretty much all day long. Someone I spoke to over the weekend mentioned getting headaches from the sucrose, stevia, and things ending in "ides" in the ingredients. I thought she was just being sensitive until it happened to me as well. I was just curious to know if it was a common thing.
  • There is some sweetener that makes my mom sick. It might be sucralose. I could see that as being a problem with the bars.
  • Some protein bars tend to upset my stomach, but they've never given me headaches. And I suffer from chronic migraine.