egg with potatoes

recipe known to everybody
but this is my way to avoid all that oil needed to fry the potatoes

get 2 or 3 potatoes depending the size cut them to cubes boil them and make sure they dont break

on the frying pan a little bit of olive oil throw them potatoes cook them for a while until they get nice gold outside
make a hole in the middle and throw 2 eggs

finish with cheese

7vcE1Bj.jpg?1

Replies

• ummm why wouldn't you roast the potatoes in a separate pan and then put the eggs over the top when the potatoes were browned?

or you could use a cast iron skillet for potatoes, onions, peppers, cheese, and then eggs….

those potatoes do not look, ummmm all that cooked….
  • Sad potatoes. :(
  • I prefer my breakfast potatoes crispy and brown so I do them in a cast iron pan.
  • I have been eating fried potatoes with onions, peppers, spinach and eggs. Yesterday I baked the potatoes before tossing in the skillet with veggies...But I still used oil. I might try to boil the potatoes down before tossing in the fryer next time. Thanks for this suggestion.
  • when you boil the potatoes first, you can actually get the more crispy- it's how I make oven fries. Boil, dry them, then roast them. OP could have roasted them longer for my taste, but I'm not the one eating it =P
  • When I have overnight guests I like to cut potatoes, onions, different colored peppers and roast them with different seasonings.