Should I go to the gym today?

Yesterday was a special occasion and I had a bit of a blow out. OH says I didn't even eat that much but it was much more than I've been eating recently. Today I feel disgusting and swollen and (TMI) like I just need to go to the toilet. Will going to the gym make me feel better or should I have a rest day?

Replies

• you want a rest day from eating?

that's not how it works :bigsmile:

yes I would go to the gym .. get invigorated
  • I would go to the gym might make you feel better, Enjoy.
  • Lots of water and going to the gym- or at least a nice, long walk- will help that.
  • Definitely go to the gym, will make you feel wayyy better.
  • I'd go to the gym too - will help get your bowel moving and get rid of the bloating quicker.
  • mnpa0o2ohas5.png
    nicola8989 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a special occasion and I had a bit of a blow out. OH says I didn't even eat that much but it was much more than I've been eating recently. Today I feel disgusting and swollen and (TMI) like I just need to go to the toilet. Will going to the gym make me feel better or should I have a rest day?

• Really? A rest day from eating? I heard it all.
  • Nobody says "I wish I didn't go to the gym today", but there's tons of people that say "I wish I had gone to the gym." It's all about mindset...
  • nicola8989 wrote: »

Hydrate, warm up properly, bust your butt, cool down, hydrate.

• I would go to the gym but if you feel like you're going to be sick, I would make your session lighter than you normally do. Definitely go to the gym if you're up for it!
  • thanks guys - I went and it has made me feel better x
  • Good for you. id have gone if it wasnt a scheduled rest day or i didnt have a good reason injury, illness etc not to go.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Glad you felt better after going to the gym. I always feel better after a good workout, no matter what happened the day before or how crappy my day was. Good for you!