diet soft drink

13»

Replies

• mccindy72 wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I have kind of known this for a while, but have been burying my head in the sand, that diet sodas/fizzy drinks are really bad for you, and can food your body into thinking it is having sugar, so you will gain weight...Do you avoid diet fizy althogether or do you have some?? In the weekends I love my vodka, or gin with diet sodas. Any advice as to whether I should give it up.

They are only bad if you drink them in excess, since they cause your body to keep calcium in the blood, rather than deposit in the bones. Long term, this can cause osteoporosis. Otherwise, they aren't a problem.

I'd like a source for that.
    sorry, colas only, not just any soda.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17023723

"Total phosphorus intake was not significantly higher in daily cola consumers than in nonconsumers; however, the calcium-to-phosphorus ratios were lower."
    Doesn't that just mean the cola drinkers for some reason took in less calcium than non-cola drinkers?
  • Chewitz wrote: »
    Aspartame.... It has aspartame... :o

Couldn't agree more,there is no way I'd touch it.

Care to elaborate?
  • geotrice wrote: »
    Whatareyagonnado?

Um, brush your teeth? I drink a combination of diet coke and water, and I brush my teeth regularly and my dentist has no complaints.

I drink a glass of diet coke with every meal because it makes me feel fuller. Also yummy.