diet soft drink

Replies

• moto450 wrote: »
    yes, Cico is what really matters however, I really don't believe in drinking my calories. I'd rather use it on food that fills me up. Just me though.

There are close to zero calories in diet soda. Unless you're referring to her alcohol . . .

• Aspartame.... It has aspartame... :o
  • Chewitz wrote: »
    Aspartame.... It has aspartame... :o

Couldn't agree more,there is no way I'd touch it.
  • I have kind of known this for a while, but have been burying my head in the sand, that diet sodas/fizzy drinks are really bad for you, and can food your body into thinking it is having sugar, so you will gain weight...Do you avoid diet fizy althogether or do you have some?? In the weekends I love my vodka, or gin with diet sodas. Any advice as to whether I should give it up.

how ridonculous

if you like diet soda, drink them

I have a couple of cans a day - generally with lunch and supper
  • mccindy72 wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I have kind of known this for a while, but have been burying my head in the sand, that diet sodas/fizzy drinks are really bad for you, and can food your body into thinking it is having sugar, so you will gain weight...Do you avoid diet fizy althogether or do you have some?? In the weekends I love my vodka, or gin with diet sodas. Any advice as to whether I should give it up.

They are only bad if you drink them in excess, since they cause your body to keep calcium in the blood, rather than deposit in the bones. Long term, this can cause osteoporosis. Otherwise, they aren't a problem.

I'd like a source for that.
    sorry, colas only, not just any soda.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17023723

Yet another reason why men are superior.

Dude - use your body to create an entire human being, then come talk to us about superiority

:bigsmile:
  • I have a bottle of Coke Zeron in the morning (1L) and a can of diet monster energy in the afternoon. it helps me with snacking habits out of boredom as well :)
  • Diet Soda and all sodas very bad for your bones, the long term effects are osteoporosis..Artificial sweetners have a different problem

• Funnily enough, i never used to drink diet drinks......it was always Orange Juice or Apple Juice.
    But when i found out the calories in those Drinks, i changed to Fizzy Drinks that are 10 cals or less.
    I still have my 1 glass of Orange Juice in the morning, but have a couple of diet drinks throughout the day.
    I know they're not the best thing to be drinking , but they save me a lot of calories!
  • maidentl wrote: »
    You don't need to. It only makes you gain weight if it makes you hungrier and you then overeat. Excess calories cause weight gain, not diet soda. I've lost 33 pounds drinking Coke Zero every day.

This ^^ I can't drink diet soda for this very reason. It makes me crave sugar so I end up eating more. I drank diet soda for 3 weeks, having 1-2 a day. I ended up gaining some weight. Because I craved more sugars & food. Not because the soda itself. You can have diet soda, just be mindful of how your body does with it. I also stayed bloated, didn't like that at all. I only do water now. Or an unsweetened tea.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I have kind of known this for a while, but have been burying my head in the sand, that diet sodas/fizzy drinks are really bad for you, and can food your body into thinking it is having sugar, so you will gain weight...Do you avoid diet fizy althogether or do you have some?? In the weekends I love my vodka, or gin with diet sodas. Any advice as to whether I should give it up.

They are only bad if you drink them in excess, since they cause your body to keep calcium in the blood, rather than deposit in the bones. Long term, this can cause osteoporosis. Otherwise, they aren't a problem.

Dude - use your body to create an entire human being, then come talk to us about superiority

Oh-snap-gif.gif

chickenlittle-e1322754718668-230x300.jpg

• rabbitjb wrote: »

Easy. It was a joke. Men don't seem to be affected by this calcium depletion due to drinking colas thing. Obviously women think they are superior so men should lie to them and say they are in order to get sex. ;)
  • I have kind of known this for a while, but have been burying my head in the sand, that diet sodas/fizzy drinks are really bad for you, and can food your body into thinking it is having sugar, so you will gain weight...Do you avoid diet fizy althogether or do you have some?? In the weekends I love my vodka, or gin with diet sodas. Any advice as to whether I should give it up.

Nothing bad about diet soda. I drink it every day and I've been losing weight. In fact it's better than fruit juice because juice has calories, sugar, and little fiber.
  • I was drinking up 3 litres a day of diet coke (I know, I know, I've stopped now) still lost 35kg. So no, that theory doesn't hold true.

Ditto on that. I try to keep it under a liter now though because I'm trying to watch my caffeine intake and the caffeine-free stuff is harder to find.
  • The only issues with diet soda and Aspartame is if you have a rare genetic disorder called Phenylketonuria, although there have been studies that show both diet and regular soda aren't necessarily the best for your teeth. However, moderation is certainly the key.
  • The only issues with diet soda and Aspartame is if you have a rare genetic disorder called Phenylketonuria, although there have been studies that show both diet and regular soda aren't necessarily the best for your teeth. However, moderation is certainly the key.

True that. My dentist rails on me for drinking it every visit! It's the sugar and substitutes though. Heck even coffee and tea are bad according to him because of the acid.

Whatareyagonnado?

Maybe I have extraordinarily good teeth but I have been drinking it for decades and only in the past couple of years have I developed a couple of "tiny" cavities. Although I recently discovered that my dentist is a dishonest person so I am now not sure those were real but might have also been a money grab. :neutral:

Couldn't agree more,there is no way I'd touch it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • Aspartame killed my father and raped my mother! Don't drink it!

giphy.gif

• Aspartame killed my father and raped my mother! Don't drink it!

giphy.gif

oh-noes-everybody-panic