running with allergies

I have pretty nasty seasonal allergies. I enjoyrunninglong distances and I live in a rural area. I used to take an antihistamine like everyone else but I just started a much needed medication which has awful interactions with basically any allergy medication. I tried to run today and I had to cut it short because there was so much pollen and my entire face was like a faucet. Do any of you folks have advice on how I can continue running, one of my favorite hobbies, with no defense against allergies?

Replies

• Scroll down quite a ways, and there are some natural antihistamines listed. Not sure if that would work or if those would interact poorly with your medication: http://www.commonbreathingproblems.com/is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-natural-antihistamine/

You could also consider allergy shots, if covered by insurance. It's a long-term commitment, but my brother had awful seasonal allergies (his breathing would get so bad April through September that he had to use an inhaler every day, take meds, etc. and would miss days of school) but now he suffers the least out of any of us since he started getting shots. That may be a good alternative if this other medication you've started is for long-term use.