Share your homemade protein bar recipes

I have seen many of you comment about homemade protein bars in breakfast and protein bar discussions. Lets see the recipes!!

Replies

• @amillenium what flavor do you make? Where do you buy your IMO? ANd lastly do they really taste like Quest bars?
  • My fave is a recipe from Jamie Eason. Lemon protein bars. I follow her original recipe (using Muscle Tech Platinum - Vanilla Cake whey) and I add an additional fresh, squeezed lemon to it or use Minute Maid lemon juice - 2 Tbs added). I like it really tangy. Then, I use fresh or frozen berries (blueberries and raspberries) Plop them all over the top of the mixture when you put it in the pan, they sink to the bottom when baked. Result - they burst and leave all sorts of little berry surprises within. This is only one of five I rotate through, but these are my faves.
  • @basscadet808
    I buy the IMO syrup here:
    http://www.mysweetit.com/

I think the taste is really impacted by the protein powder that goes into it. Mine did not taste exactly like a quest bar but I liked them anyways because I used a protein powder that I like. I think the texture is slightly off from a quest bar but still good!

I leave the almonds meal a little chunky and just add cinnamon for a "cinnamon roll" type bar.
  • I like this site...lots of ways to make different kinds.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/homemade-energy-bar-recipe/
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Protein Pumpkin Apple Banana Oatmeal Bars

Wet Ingredients
    • 2 large bananas (or 3 small)
    • 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
    • 1 1/2 cup milk (whatever kind you use)
    • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1 cup pumpkin puree
    Dry Ingredients
    • 2 cups rolled oats (don't use instant or steel cut)
    • 1/3 cup brown sugar (use less, none, or more depending on your taste, or other kinds of sweeteners)
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 2 tbs protein powder, vanilla
    • 2 tbs ground flax seed
    • 1 tsp apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/4 tsp ground ginger (powder)
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    Optional Add-Ons (Whatever you like. I usually use nuts and raisins.)
    • 1/2 cup nuts (I like to use walnuts or pecans)
    • 1/2 cup raisins
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    2. Mash the bananas and mix with the wet ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients together. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir in add-ons, if any.
    3. Pour into a glass baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Place pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for about 55 minutes (the edges should be pulling away from the pan and the top should be golden brown.
    4. Let cool. Cut into 8 meal sized bars (about 300 calories per bar) or 16 snack size bars (about 150 calories per bar). I wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge. Makes a great grab-and-go snack (portable oatmeal!).

tqfjaqjypqfg.jpg

• mygnsac wrote: »
    Protein Pumpkin Apple Banana Oatmeal Bars

Wet Ingredients
    • 2 large bananas (or 3 small)
    • 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
    • 1 1/2 cup milk (whatever kind you use)
    • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1 cup pumpkin puree
    Dry Ingredients
    • 2 cups rolled oats (don't use instant or steel cut)
    • 1/3 cup brown sugar (use less, none, or more depending on your taste, or other kinds of sweeteners)
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 2 tbs protein powder, vanilla
    • 2 tbs ground flax seed
    • 1 tsp apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/4 tsp ground ginger (powder)
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    Optional Add-Ons (Whatever you like. I usually use nuts and raisins.)
    • 1/2 cup nuts (I like to use walnuts or pecans)
    • 1/2 cup raisins
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    2. Mash the bananas and mix with the wet ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients together. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir in add-ons, if any.
    3. Pour into a glass baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Place pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for about 55 minutes (the edges should be pulling away from the pan and the top should be golden brown.
    4. Let cool. Cut into 8 meal sized bars (about 300 calories per bar) or 16 snack size bars (about 150 calories per bar). I wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge. Makes a great grab-and-go snack (portable oatmeal!).

tqfjaqjypqfg.jpg

WOW...those look reallllly good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
  • I use this recipe, but I use my muscle milk cookies and cream protein instead of the chocolate protein she uses. http://youtu.be/r_QCMknLR-o
  • No-Bake Energy Bites

Prep time
    30 mins
    Total time
    30 mins

Ingredients

1 cup oatmeal
    ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
    ⅓ cup honey
    1 cup coconut flakes
    ½ cup ground flaxseed
    ½ cup mini chocolate chips
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
    Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
    Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
    Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!
    Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
    **You can substitute almost anything for any of the ingredients to work around food allergies, special diets, etc. Soybutter, almond butter, cashew butter, sun butter, etc all works in place of peanut butter. You can use creamed or liquid honey, or agave nectar or even maltitol syrup in place of the honey. If you do not like or cannot eat coconut try some type of crushed cereal, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, granola, cocoa powder...the possibilities are really endless. If you cannot find ground flaxseed you can buy it whole and grind it yourself in a coffee grinder or magic bullet or you can substitute any other dry ingredient in it's place. Yes, the mini chocolate chips can be regular sized or carob or you can use raisins, cranberries, goji berries, or crushed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, whatev) of some kind.

The information below came from the comments section. I have not verified if it's correct or not.

36 balls=65.5 cal/ball.
    Calories 2358
    Fat 178.9 g
    Protein 53.8 g
    Fiber 37 g