Has anyone tried maintaining in the middle of weight loss?

2»

Replies

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Yes, I maintained about 12 lbs from my original goal weight, it has really helped me mentaly. Stopping losing gave me the time to reevaluate my goals and focus on my health fitness goals for a while instead of my weight.

Tbh my goals changed massively once I switched to maintance and got out of the losing frame of mind. I'm back at losing again this last few weeks no problem and with a different outlook and renewed drive.

Edit: yo-yo dieting is never a good thing but how did we get to your will kill you on this thread?
  • I've been maintaining throughout my cut for a while now...not on purpose. Just eating too much. But now I know what my maintenance intake should be.
  • I dieted for 8 months with only two breaks (of 10 days and two weeks), while losing 56 pounds. I'm now eating almost to maintenance most days. I still have 9-19 pounds to lose, but having a current BMI of 23.2, I just don't feel the urgency.

I'm tired of it. Tired of saying "no" to other people and myself when food is offered. Tired of shrinking out of clothes the day after I wear them for the first time. Tired of constantly having to pull at my too-large underwear because I don't want to go out and buy more again. Tired of feeling unable to bake because I know it means I will either be over my calories or under my protein goal.

I'll get back to it when I get my mind right, or maybe I'll just continue this 100-200 calorie deficit and recomp. IDK. I'm going to keep tracking my intake--maybe that will be a lifelong thing for me--but I'm done with the 500+ calorie deficits I've had.