Cereal bars

Hi all,
I apologise if this has been asked a million times before but I did do a search and the posts did not give me the information I'm after.
I'm looking for a cereal bar whether that's shop bought or home made that doesn't have a tonne of sugar or too high in calories. I've been getting the nakd bars and I know they are made of fruit but they have around 15g of sugar.
So any suggestions of shop bought or recipes with low sugar and around 150 calories would be great. I have seen a fair few granola bars but already make my own granola which I'm happy with.
TIA

Replies

• Most cereal bars Ive seen have brutal amounts of sugar in them along with an ingredients list thats like a small novel - meaning way too much "stuff" in them. They *appear* healthy and the makers of the bars tout them as such but when you check the "numbers" they come out ugly. Caveat Emptor with those things.

Sucks too because they'd make great quick snacks or whatever. Oh well. I havent found any yet that would work for me. :(
  • I got a care package of various granola and energy bars and such after a race I ran a few weeks ago, and I just tried one called Larabar Uber Roasted Nut Roll. It's 130 calories, 4 grams sugar--mostly nuts, also dates, honey, and brown rice syrup. I quite liked it, although I probably won't buy them because it's just as easy for me to pack nuts and dried fruit for similar macros.

Wonder if that would be along the lines of what you are looking for.
  • also, not necessarily a "bar", but my son really likes peanut butter crackers for an on-the-go breakfast. The "austin" and "lance" brands are 190 calories, with 4 g of protien, and 4g of sugar.

These ^^^^ and Fiber One bars have become a staple for me.

• I have Belvita breakfast biscuits. 220 calories a pack with 10g of sugar. 7.2g of fat. Hmmmm.... Maybe I should cut these out! :neutral: