Slow cooker recipies

Hi everyone-

Could anyone recommend any easy / healthy slow cooker recipies? I love chicken and beef but not a huge fan of any other meat really??

Thank you xx

Replies

• Skinny Taste.com is a great site for all kinds of receipes!!! Plenty of crock pot receipes!
  • I make almost the same barbacoa recipe posted above but without the apple cider. You should give it a try, it's yummy!
  • AndiVentry wrote: »
    Skinny Taste.com is a great site for all kinds of receipes!!! Plenty of crock pot receipes!

Yep, skinnytaste carne guisada and taco enchilada soup are my family's favorites. Also thekitchen has a great chicken tikka masala, and betty crocker has a good Thai chicken soup. Both crockpot and delicious.
  • Split pea soup - veggie broth, carrots, celery, onion, a bag of split peas. Turn it on before work and it's ready for you when you get home.
    1 pot chili - beans, tomatoes, onion, green peppers, seasonings, meat if you want.
    Corn chowder - canned cream corn, cubed potatoes, oyster mushrooms, cubed american cheese (optional)
    Chicken and biscuits - carrots, peas, celery, onion, broth, and chicken (add to slow cooker). Cook biscuits separately. Once chicken is cooked through, mix 1 cup of cream or milk and 2 tablespoons of flour, whip until smooth and a little thick. Add to the chicken mix and let it cook for 10 or 15 more minutes until it's thick. You can also replace the chicken with rabbit.
  • Another kudo for Salsa Chicken. We had that the other day, quick, easy, and turns out awesome.

I make a lot of vegetarian chili, and Mediterranean vegetables. My favorite is to Place a butternut squash and a potato in the crockpot in the morning, dinner done when I get home.