Best Ideas for a fitbit?

I have been out of the loop on fitness for a couple years taking care of mom who passed of breast cancer and my dad who passed 7 mths later...then having to fight cancer myself. Im in remission and I really need to get *ME* back....So I was thinking about getting a fitbit just to help me along the way...

What have you found to be the best and easiest to use? Looking at them Im overwhelmed ... any ideas and advice would be appreciated:) <3

Replies

• Thank you all for the information so informative... I think I have to have one now hearing the benefits it has given you....
  • I have a Fitbit charge HR and it's been so helpful in assisting me in keeping track of what I'm doing. I was surprised at how little I actually walk in a day! I think it overestimates calories so I try not to eat all of those back. Once I started my second job, it was nice to be able to track my steps and activity level while waitressing. I won't leave home without it now
  • I have a Fitbit Flex. I got it 2 months ago and it motivates me to get up from my desk at work. I also like the flex as you can buy different bracelets for it, to dress it up for work or wear the rubber band it comes with for exercise.

As a whole I like the Fitbit app- It is especially great if you have friends who also have Fitbits so you can challenge each other.
  • I have the charge and love it!!! It motivates me to keep moving and pushing myself. After two hip replacements I was way over weight and out of shape. I am now down from 315 to 235. I still have a ways to go but my fitbit has helped keep me moving.

I also do weekly comps with my fitbit friends. Let me tell you that little bit of competition is enough to get me out of that chair. I definitely do not want to be on the lower half of the leader board. Today I am in first with 15,000

So over all sooooo worth the money
  • I have the Fitbit Charge HR, and I am a huge fan. I was completely unproductive half of today. When I looked at the number of steps I had taken and saw how incredibly low that number was, I immediately went to work out! It gives me that extra motivation! I always try to hit my 10K steps goal every day.
  • thanks for the info everyone I just ordered the fitbit charge.. Im sooo excited ...all your comments really inspired me... you all are awesome!
  • I got the Zip for Christmas. I like that it is tiny and easy to wear. It is so small that I actually wear it on my bra strap so I don't forget to take it out of a pocket or off my pants. It only tracks steps, distance and calories, but that is all I need it for. And it was only around $50.